Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale's Trainer Erupts Over The Scoring in Groves Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale's Trainer Erupts Over The Scoring in Groves Loss

Never has a bout between two British fighters with a combined record of 22-0 generated such interest. The clash between James DeGale and George Groves at the O2 Arena on May 21st developed from a grudge match between former amateur rivals into the most talked about all-British clash of 2011 and continues to provoke fierce debate weeks afterwards.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hi Jim, welcome to Delusionville. Make yourself at home.

Comment

I hear he was looking at moving to Bitterville too before settling there..

What a numpty. No wonder Degale was so overconfident

Comment

I had DeGale ahead 8 rounds to 4, and I hated him.

Comment

Maybe jim McDonnell would have preferred an outcome like his fight with kenny Vice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
            Hi Jim, welcome to Delusionville. Make yourself at home.
            you know absolutely nothing about about boxing if you think groves won the last round. giving judges headphones is an excellent idea. so many title fights over the years have been swayed by the crowd

Comment

Originally posted by ryedog87 View Post
              you know absolutely nothing about about boxing if you think groves won the last round. giving judges headphones is an excellent idea. so many title fights over the years have been swayed by the crowd
              The 12th round was close, way closer than mcdonnel is making out, it was a close fight. I thought Degale just pulled it out, but honestly have no problem with the decision, the first 6 rounds were difficult to score.

Instead of complaining and *****ing, in a fight where he predicted a one sided knockout he should focus on where it went wrong. It is not like he predicted a tough fight, so why was it? Groves exposed a lot of deficiencies in Degale's game, I was pretty shocked. If Degale is not set he can't do anything to his opponent, unless he fixes this he will be outboxed again. He still badly cuffs his left hand for god sakes! Way worse than Joe Calzaghe too, he needs to learn to throw an effective straight 1-2 combination. He was too conservative in the fight as well, but I will put that down to inexperience on how to pace himself.

In reference to Adam Booth, they deserved to have it thrown in their face, yes it wasn't the classiest thing to do, but they really disrespected both Groves and Booth before the fight, calling him a fitness trainer, etc. They should now take some of Booth's advice (Irony), and Mcdonnell should stop blowing smoke up Degale's ass, and actually work on his weaknesses rather than telling him he is already the best.

Comment

I watched the fight live and I had Groves winning the fight by two rounds, the final round I'd given to DeGale but the right boxer won that night.
                I'm sure a rematch will happan in the future but as far as their fight three weeks back I had Groves winning comfortably. DeGale in terms of ranks I hold higher than Groves, styles make fights. DeGale will in all probability will get his chance at one of the Alphabet titles before Groves anyway. As long as DeGale doesn't take the loss to personally and is able to move on (ala Amir Khan) he'll do fine.

Comment

Like another poster said: Jim McDonnel couldn't train Grant Bovey to beat up Ricky Gervais.

Comment

Sit your arse down McDonnell

You made a tit of yourself pre fight, and you're making a tit of yourself now

The decision was more than fair, and this is coming from a huge DeGale fan

The quicker James leaves McDonnell the better IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X