No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Hurt Planned For Maidana, Now Saved For Lora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman: Hurt Planned For Maidana, Now Saved For Lora

A few weeks ago, Keith Thurman was one of the happiest people on earth. The former amateur standout and currently unbeaten welterweight prospect was tabbed to make his HBO debut when he was matched with Marcos Maidana on the July 21 broadcast live from Cincinnati.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thurman's a border line 160#er & has been nursed along w/no real competition, upcoming bout included...very strong & w/ a power shot he has not learned much if 1 c's his early bouts & now...eventually he'll fight a name & b taken out...

Comment

I don't jump into praising a fighter till I see what he has and against top comp. Lets see what happens when someone taps him on the chin just right. Too many people are wined, dined, and seduced by unbeaten records. 95% of the time unbeaten means simply untested. Power is only as good as the quality of the chin it lands on.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        Thurman's a border line 160#er & has been nursed along w/no real competition, upcoming bout included...very strong & w/ a power shot he has not learned much if 1 c's his early bouts & now...eventually he'll fight a name & b taken out...
        I'm not a big fan of Thurman, but don't you think you're being a little too hard on him? He was set up to fight Maidana in only his 18th professional fight, and Maidana pulled out with what seemed like a blatant duck. So, fighting Marcos Maidana in only your 18th pro fight doesn't seem like a "protected" fighter to me. So, we would of seen him tested and seen what he was made of if Maidana didn't completely duck him. So, how is it fair to say he's been "nursed" along?

Also, on how good Thurman is, yes we haven't seen him in with top competition yet, but he's faced two undefeated fighters and a couple solid journeyman, and he's looked pretty good, I think he's more than just a guy with a big punch, he can box pretty nicely as well, throws very accurate combinations, not to mention he was a very solid amateur and won multiple national championships and was in the Olympic trials. He has very good potential. So, what you're saying makes really no sense at all.

Comment

Working...
        X