Comments Thread For: Vic Darchinyan: I Have To Be Patient Against Moreno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vic Darchinyan: I Have To Be Patient Against Moreno

By Keith Idec

Anselmo Moreno has lost just once in his nine years as a professional boxer.

That defeat came in his eighth fight, a four-rounder in October 2002 against an opponent Moreno stopped in their rematch and beat again by unanimous decision.

Vic Darchinyan still doesn’t think there’s anything special about Panama’s Moreno, the WBA’s super champion at 118 pounds. The confident Armenian slugger sees Moreno, a fellow southpaw, as a minor obstacle in his path toward rematches against Abner Mares or Joseph Agbeko, both of whom out-pointed Darchinyan in closely contested bantamweight title fights.

“He’s a good fighter,” Darchinyan said of Moreno, who has won four of his last seven bouts by 12-round split decisions. “He’s not a warrior. He’s not coming to win the fight. He’s kind of a defensive fighter. He’s looking to win every round. He just wants to win the fight." [Click Here To Read More]

I think Vic is actually much more patient than years ago whem he used to just go in there and brawl his ass off! He still brawls but i think his timing is better! Moreno is stepping up in competition against Vic! I dont think its gna be too easy of a fight as people think , but Vic in 6th or 7th rd stoppage! His power is too much for Moreno! Lets go Vic!

Comment

I can really appreciate Vic, he's an action fighter who is always willing to fight the best opponents. That said he doesn't always beat them, and I don't think he's gonna beat Moreno

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp
        He should not be patient bc if he is moreno will just box circles around him. He needs to go all out and shot to the body to slow the running of moreno.
        War vic
        agreed. He should go after him like he did against Mijares. Chemito isn't all that good anyway he's had two razor thin decision wins over Nehomar Cermeno who got destroyed by Fernando Montiel.

Comment

Working...
        X