This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Boxing is A Joke...

Tonight's card showed precisely why boxing in the UK is a joke. The top 3 fighters on the card each fought hand picked opponents that had no chance to win.

Maccarinelli fought a total bum and destroyed him in one round.

Amir Khan fought a guy who didn't even come to fight. He was a paid punching bag.

Calzaghe fought a guy who should be fighting at 154, has no credible wins at 168, and was a 33-1 underdog. He didn't deserve to be in the same ring as Calzaghe. And to top things off, a terrible stoppage to finish the night.

This card showed exactly why no one ever takes any British fighter seriously...

Sin **** off please. Thanks

Comment

LOL you just mad cos we never lost

Comment

dude get over yourself.

it's just entertainment.

Comment

And why would poeple take American boxing seriously? Forbes-Hopkins decision? The Barrera-Jaurez controversy? The incredibly bad judging

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            Tonight's card showed precisely why boxing in the UK is a joke. The top 3 fighters on the card each fought hand picked opponents that had no chance to win.

Maccarinelli fought a total bum and destroyed him in one round.

Amir Khan fought a guy who didn't even come to fight. He was a paid punching bag.

Calzaghe fought a guy who should be fighting at 154, has no credible wins at 168, and was a 33-1 underdog. He didn't deserve to be in the same ring as Calzaghe. And to top things off, a terrible stoppage to finish the night.

This card showed exactly why no one ever takes any British fighter seriously...
            Honestly, you don't think that mismatches happen in the USA?

Comment

Anyone has a chance. It's boxing. The ref didn't give Manfredo a chance. As for the other two fights I don't know. Amir Kahn is a young fighter still working his way up.

Comment

Im british and i totally agree im sick of seeing Frank warren over protect his fighters with these ****ty opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Ryan View Post
                  And why would poeple take American boxing seriously? Forbes-Hopkins decision? The Barrera-Jaurez controversy? The incredibly bad judging
                  At least those were real, competitive fights. British boxing is nothing but glorified sparring sessions...

Comment

Originally posted by Bazrazmataz View Post
                    Im british and i totally agree im sick of seeing Frank warren over protect his fighters with these ****ty opponents
                    I agree with that. But I genuinely believe Calzaghe and Khan are great fighters, protected or not. People are gonna see Calzaghes ability when he fights Taylor and Kesseler, as they will when Khan destroys the likes of Earl/Murray.

I think Frank realised tonight and with the recent decline in boxing that he needs to start making real fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X