Training at home with minimal equipment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training at home with minimal equipment

Hi guys.

I wondered if anybody has been in the same boat as me? I currently do Muay Thai 3 times a week but training at home is a little difficult as I don't exactly have any spare cash laying about for training equipment and I don't have many mates who can be bothered to help me train a bit.

All I have are my gloves and a strike pad. Has anybody found any good ways to make the most out of training at home with minimal equipment?

I am currently trying to design some sort of stand I can make out of old materials that I can secure my strike pad to to practice my strikes but I am not exactly imaginative so it isn't going well, to say the least

Thanks

get a duffle bag and fill it up with towels and bricks and then hang up and start punching away.

Comment

Get a decent size mirror in there and just work crazy technique, work elbows and knees keep a log of your combos, work footwork, angels, headwork, hand placement... Learn how fight righty and lefty, strech, invest in a jump rope.....There is plenty of stuff you can do just YouTube it.

Comment

Why don't you just consider doing body weight training on the days that you can't make it to the gym. As you may know, you don't really need any equipment for that apart from maybe a pull-up bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loaded510 View Post
          get a duffle bag and fill it up with towels and bricks and then hang up and start punching away.
          bricks????

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosAD View Post
            Hi guys.

I wondered if anybody has been in the same boat as me? I currently do Muay Thai 3 times a week but training at home is a little difficult as I don't exactly have any spare cash laying about for training equipment and I don't have many mates who can be bothered to help me train a bit.

All I have are my gloves and a strike pad. Has anybody found any good ways to make the most out of training at home with minimal equipment?

I am currently trying to design some sort of stand I can make out of old materials that I can secure my strike pad to to practice my strikes but I am not exactly imaginative so it isn't going well, to say the least

Thanks
            Google "rosstraining" and HIIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
              bricks????
              That's what I'm saying......bricks?? Nice way to break your hands

Comment

Working...
              X