Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Paul Williams not a World Beater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Paul Williams not a World Beater?

A lot of you say Paul Williams isn't a world beater of how he is overrated and doesn't have skills but those same people say Martinez is a world beater and has skills LOL.
    Ima a Fan of Martinez just to let it out. I think the guy is VERY naturally talented and is getting his due now. But lets not forget Williams beat him last year. It was a very close fight but who won the Championship rounds??? who stepped up in the Championship rounds??? WILLIAMS!!!!

so most of you are downgrading Williams as if he isn't world class. This guy throws 100 punches a round and is 6'1 plus wants to fight anybody from WW-MW. he beat everybody he has faced. Beat Margarito before Mosley, Beat Winky, Beat Martinez, so this guy is elite.

The Martinez fight was close but Paul got the decision and i feel he edged it out 7 rounds to 5. So i think this guy should get more respect from people unlike some other boxers who refuse to fight others, Williams will fight them all.

No, he is world class and who is saying he isn't?

Comment

These posters never ceased to amaze me.

Green K.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the guy, but he is world class. I hope he takes care of Cintron so we can get the Martinez rematch (I thought Martinez might have edged him in the first fight though).

Comment

Anyone who says he isn't world class is just deluding themselves. That said, I thought Martinez deserved the decision but w/e it was close so I'm not to bothered by the decision.

Comment

He is world class but lets be honest here he doesnt know how to box. His forte is throwing punches nonstop and thats his defense as well. This tactic works well vs older greats like Winky and guys who dont have much pop in their punches but he is beatable and his longevity at or near the top will be short unless he improves his boxing.

Im curious to see what happens in the Cintron fight.

Comment

gimme a break. All Paul Williams is is size, strength, punch output, amazing stamina, hell of a chin, decent technique, fierce aggression, dedication and heart. Without all of that, he'd be nothing. lets be real here.

Comment

i would pay almost anything to see pwill vs floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                  He is world class but lets be honest here he doesnt know how to box. His forte is throwing punches nonstop and thats his defense as well. This tactic works well vs older greats like Winky and guys who dont have much pop in their punches but he is beatable and his longevity at or near the top will be short unless he improves his boxing.

Im curious to see what happens in the Cintron fight.
                  Margarito and Martinez don't have pop in their punches? Cotto and Pavlik would probably disagree with you.

Comment

definitely an elite boxer, but not a world beater

Comment

Working...
                    X