No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado: I'm No Quitter, Wasn't Worth The Heath Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarado: I'm No Quitter, Wasn't Worth The Heath Risk

Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2, 16KOs) is a hot piece of boxing property after stopping Mike Alvarado in ten rounds to capture the WBO junior welterweight championship at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, Denver. After seven explosive rounds of action, Provodnikov began to pull away in eight - after punishing Alvarado (34-2) and scoring two knockdowns in the process. It was the first time Alvarado had tasted the canvas as a pro. After Provodnikov unleashed more punishment in the tenth, Alvarado couldn't answer the bell for the eleventh. [Click Here To Read More]

Real boxing fans dont think that way that ur a quitter but respect for u Mike

Comment

He gave what he had to give. All the respect in the world for Alvarado, no one should think less of his heart or his will.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He gave what he had to give. All the respect in the world for Alvarado, no one should think less of his heart or his will.
        This. The fight was over. He had nothing left to give. Mike is still a warrior in my eyes.

Comment

Alvado been in back to back wars he proved he has heart and will ..he just got out gunned this time,,

Comment

i could understand that..he went through hell twice with rios, prescott, and was getting pounded by provodnikov and needed a KO to win...at some point u need to start looking out for yourself and you're future after you're done boxing..
            Last edited by Bermuda; 10-20-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The Cotto effect.

Comment

He didn't have enough left to knock him out and he wasn't winning on the cards. The fight was over.

Comment

If the ref asks you do you want to continue and you say no thats quitting, and if its not quitting then what is it called? I think no less of mike hes still a warrior in my eyes BUT HE DID QUIT. If this was ortiz he would be getting torn a new azzhole right now

Comment

He been going through it with his last few fights. At least he made it back to the corner. He knew he was out it a rd. 8. Went two more to give it a try, then called a night a night. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody here would say Fraizer was a quitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X