Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison not planning on retiring after Haye loss

Harrison not planning on retiring after Haye loss

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Audley Harrison has revealed he is unlikely to retire following his defeat to David Haye, but he does admit that he has "lost" the boxing community.

Harrison was distinctly second best in his WBA world heavyweight title clash with Haye, suffering a third-round stoppage after a brutal flurry from the champion. The climax arrived with Harrison throwing only one significant punch in the contest.

At 39 years of age Harrison now faces a long route back to a world title shot, and he has witnessed a large section of the boxing media call for his retirement. However, the former Olympic champion remains frustrated by the fact he could not put his gameplan into action in Manchester, and he is determined not to leave the sport harbouring regrets.

"I'm thinking I won't retire," said Harrison on Sky Sports News. "Lots of boxers retire after a loss and they always end up coming back. It's not like I was in a long fight, David came in and took me out, and I didn't get the chance to show what I could do in that fight.

"People are disappointed because they've paid their hard-earned money. They wanted to see a fight. I have to give credit to David Haye, he came at me faster than I expected, and his speed and power knocked me out.

"But even today, people are coming up to me saying 'Audley, hard luck. Keep believing.' But obviously the boxing fans I've probably lost."
    So David Haye failed to do as he promised, remember he said he would humiliate Audley into retiring.

fraudley is the biggest coward in boxing

**** him

Comment

To be fair the humiliation was sufficient for him to retire.

Audley is a joke.

Comment

Why would he? It's destiny that he becomes heavyweight champion. DESTINY

Comment

hope e fights n schools david pryce

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            Why would he? It's destiny that he becomes heavyweight champion. DESTINY
            Lmao I just spat my ****ing tea out after reading that

Are you ****ing guys kidding me? Audley isn't retiring? I cant believe it, honestly is this some sort of joke?

Comment

That was about as pitiful as performances can get on Audley's part. If that doesn't make you retire, I don't know what will.v

Comment

How about a rematch? Audley just got caught cold.

Comment

Dont **** on big Aud, its Haye who deserves the heat for even fighting him.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Audley fight some of the UK's up-and-comers like Price and Fury.

Comment

Working...
                    X