No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Talks Mayweather-Ortiz, Floyd Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Talks Mayweather-Ortiz, Floyd Dispute

This past weekend in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather Jr. was in the spotlight again for various reasons. The first and most notable being his shocking knockout over Victor Ortiz but the 34-year old superstar could also be found afterwards exchanging some heated words with HBO color analyst Larry Merchant.

[Click Here To Read More]

As much as I dislike the way Merchant goes on - he is correct about not judging a top restaurant the same as a hot dog stand, but you have to at least acknowledge the reason you are being so harsh is because you think the "top restaurant" is so great that it needs to be judged differently.

For the way he judges Floyd that isn't the case - at least not in the way he verbalises it - he judges Floyd harshly by belittling his achievements "you have to think he chose Ortiz because he knows he will win" etc

I could be wrong but don't recall him saying that about a guy like Pacquiao vs Margarito/Mosley or Martinez against Dzinziruk or something...

Comment

i dislike the guy, but hes probably the only person in the situation who is in the right. cant believe im saying this...

Comment

Im half and half on Larry Merchant.

I think he can be an ass at times but good lords, boxing wouldnt be the same without hearing his voice.

IMO anyways.

Comment

Floyd was in the right to do what he did in the ring and larry was right for asking his questions, floyd should have dealt with it better.

Comment

Floyd has the right to do what he did. I don't think Larry made any mistakes until he said the "If I was 50 years younger..." thing. Other than that, he didn't do anything wrong, but if Floyd didn't feel like talking to him, he didn't have to

Comment

Larry should have acknowledged that Ortiz badly butted Floyd first.

Comment

larry always acts that way towards certain fighters.he kept instigating with floyd,but allowed ortiz to say his headbutt was an accident.ortiz and larry got what they deserved

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  This past weekend in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather Jr. was in the spotlight again for various reasons. The first and most notable being his shocking knockout over Victor Ortiz but the 34-year old superstar could also be found afterwards exchanging some heated words with HBO color analyst Larry Merchant.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  Larry started the conversation wrong. He should have mentioned the butt first and then went to sucker punch. He went on the attack as soon as the interview began

Comment

Merchants replacement will be Max Kellerman and the last time I checked Floyd has an issue with him as well. Max is a huge Floyd fan and he is probably the only guy in the HBO commentating team who is not hanging on Pacquiao's nuts (Lampley).

Merchant is a biased prick though. This fool asked Ortiz why he was apologising lol. C'mon man, if Ortiz did that to Pacquiao then the whole building would have been up in arms but with Floyd it is easily bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                    X