Comments Thread For: Holt-Allakhverdiev Fight Canceled Due To Visa Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Holt-Allakhverdiev Fight Canceled Due To Visa Issues

By Keith Idec

A June 20 bout between former junior welterweight champion Kendall Holt and Khabib Allakhverdiev was canceled Friday due to Holt’s visa issue.

Holt, of Paterson, N.J., was scheduled to fly to Moscow on Wednesday for a 10-round, 140-pound fight against the unbeaten Russian southpaw.

His attorney, Patrick English, said Friday that Holt’s undisclosed visa problem could not be resolved in time for the ex-WBO titleholder to make the trip halfway around the world. Holt’s contract called for him to arrive in Moscow no fewer than six days before the fight for promotional purposes.

“It’s something that could’ve been resolved if we had more time to work it out,” English said. “This time frame wouldn’t allow it, so unfortunately the fight had to be canceled.” [Click Here To Read More]

I feel sorry for Holt. A decent fighter (although he put in a non effort against Garcia - I was there & thought he'd win big. I was very drunk though. Cost me a ****ing fortune at $8.50 a beer). If he was from somewhere else he'd have a great fan base but black guys from New Jersey seem to struggle. Not sure why. I was also there the night he beat Diaz (I worked there at the time). One of the best punches of the last couple of years.

Comment

Holt was going to make 100K which is more than what he normally gets.

Comment

Zab judah is over there so he should step up and avenge his daft chicken dance knock out. Why do people wait until 1 week before a fight to try get a visa. Numptys

Comment

Incompetent. Visas, passports, and all that other paperwork should have been done beforehand during negations so there wouldn't be this issue. Now you lose money because the team was unprofessional enough to say 'Hey, am I all set to go over there?'

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          Cost me a ****ing fortune at $8.50 a beer).
          No beer should ever cost that much. But wtf were you doing drinking 8.50 beer in the first place.

Comment

This might be a blessing in disguise. Smart money would have a fighter travel half way around the world to fight at least one month in advance to insure that the fighter gets adjusted to the time change and the culture shock. This is frigging Russia and it is very very different than any other part of then world.
            To leave one week in advance could have seriously put a win in jeopardy for Holt and i seriously doubt that he was fighting just for the money. I wish him luck moving forward and hope that this fight gets moved to a later date and Kendall goes over much earlier to train.....and WIN!

Comment

Damn, was looking forward to this one. Allakhverdiev looking very good so far, but this is a good step up against a dangerous fighter - do hope it's rescheduled.

Also, sloppy damn work from Holt's people - this is the stuff that they are taking a cut of Holt's money to organise, & it's pretty basic stuff...... Get it together next time.

Comment

Working...
              X