Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is a man with a win over James Toney and Oleg Maskeav so underrated on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is a man with a win over James Toney and Oleg Maskeav so underrated on here?

Why is Sam Peter so underrated on here? No this isn't a one of those "BECAUSE HE'S BLACK!!111" threads, it is an actual question. Sam Peter has 2 wins, one very legit and one not so much, over James Toney and Oleg Maskeav the WBC champ.

"Well warp, Toney was old and Maskeav was old and inactive

Really? No **** Dr. Holmes, but look who he is fighting next:

Mr. king of inactivity himself, Vitali Klitchsko!

It'd be one thing if "yeah ok, Peter is unproven and Klitchsko has been off a year", but Klitchsko has been off for 4 years!! 4!! That's ****ing crazy how Vitali is not only the -160 favorite, but he's also the 80% favorite on here to win!

What the hell has Vitali shown that he should be the betting favorite? Hmm pulling out a fight with Hasim Rahman 4 times? Him fighting Jameel Mcline? Oh wait no he didn't he pulled out on that fight like a ***** too.

Speaking of Mcline, that's probably the reason Peter is so underrated on here because Peter barely won. That's still no excuse for why a man who is 4 years inactive and wasn't that impressive to begin with should be the betting favorite.

Come this saturday, if they even fight because Vitali will probably ***** out in the next 3 days, Sam Peter will crush Vitali Klitchsko. The only chance Vitali has (minus the judging and the ref) is if Sam comes into awful shape.

We all know how good Vitali is when it comes to facing out of shape fighters....oh wait my bad. He lost that fight against Lennox too. I musta forgot!
    Last edited by warp1432; 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM.

Us boxing fan are funny like that mate.

Comment

Oh and another thing. Wlad >>>> Vitali anyday. He has the way better resume and just about as much power (more according to byrd). Sure Vitali beat Sanders, but Wlad in this day and age is much better since that lost to him.

If Wlad had a chin, I'd pick Wlad without a doubt. Even then I think Wlad could beat Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        Oh and another thing. Wlad >>>> Vitali anyday. He has the way better resume and just about as much power (more according to byrd). Sure Vitali beat Sanders, but Wlad in this day and age is much better since that lost to him.

If Wlad had a chin, I'd pick Wlad without a doubt. Even then I think Wlad could beat Vitali.

Have been saying this for a long time, IMO Wlad is better than vitali and he also have a better resume to go with his better fighting skills, Vitali is like a robot in the way he fights.

I just hate what Wlad has become at the moment (Understandably because of his KO loses).

Comment

I think if Wlad looked a little less robotic, throw his left hook more, and not slappy pat jabs I'd like him a lot more then I do now.

Comment

No offense to Vitali. But i see a lot of people think he will beat Peter. Which is shocking to me since he is on a 4 year layoff and we dont know what to expect. However we all know what Peter is able to do at this moment

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
              No offense to Vitali. But i see a lot of people think he will beat Peter. Which is shocking to me since he is on a 4 year layoff and we dont know what to expect. However we all know what Peter is able to do at this moment

That's the issue. People aren't impressed with Peter. Almost everyone thinks that if Vitali is most of what he was, he wins. What percent of what he was will be revealed on Saturday.

Comment

I think people are getting too excited for Vitali's return to the ring. He is NOT going to show up as the same guy who fought Lennox Lewis, that was many years and injuries ago. Peter may not be the most refined fighter, but he sure as hell isnt to be taken lightly.
                I got a Peter KO. Hopefully Wlad and Peter hook up in a grudge rematch next year.

Comment

Wlad better than Vitali? No ****.

As for Peter, are those the best opponents you could pull out? I mean you actually said oleg maskaev? And how many wins has James Toney been able to pull off at HW?

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
                    Wlad better than Vitali? No ****.

As for Peter, are those the best opponents you could pull out? I mean you actually said oleg maskaev? And how many wins has James Toney been able to pull off at HW?
                    Yeah, but compare those to the names that Vitali has beat in the last 4 years. Why don't you list them for me?

Oh wait, you can't....he hasn't fought in 4 years. Sam Peter also looked very good in dispatching both of them. Toney has got a win over Rahman (NC rather and a draw). Oleg has another KO win over Rahman too.

Becuase unlike Vitali, Toney and Oleg are actually willing to fight Rahman...

Comment

Working...
                    X