No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Jhonny Gonzalez Drills Abner Mares in One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Jhonny Gonzalez Drills Abner Mares in One

StubHub Center, Carson, California - Jhonny Gonzalez (55-8, 47KOs) proved once again that he is one of the hardest punchers in the sport of boxing when he stopped previously undefeated Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) in the very first round to regain the WBC featherweight title. Mares was starting to warm up with his combinations when Gonzalez caught him cold on the chin. Mares went down hard on his back and barely made it up. Gonzalez went on the attack as Mares tried to fight him off, but Gonzalez dropped him hard for a second time and the referee waved things off.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Donaire should have taken the fight with Mares. Not saying it would be the same out come but it was worth it money and prestigue wise. Happy for Rigo though.

Comment

i called it yea boyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

[QUOTE=SoggyLungs;13682042]now i can see the amir khan resemblance that everyone speaks of.......before i was like "wtf? why is people saying mares looks like khan?"
        Its true the resemblance between both, but the difference is the empathy I can feel for Mares and not for Khan. Mares is a family guy, humble, I like him. My champ by far in those weights is Rigo, but I can recognize when you see a good human been as Mares seems to be. My wishes is for him to recover and again be in the top. Good guys deserves this

Comment

[QUOTE=racostaa;13682050]
          Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          now i can see the amir khan resemblance that everyone speaks of.......before i was like "wtf? why is people saying mares lIfks like khan?"
          Its true the resemblance between both, but the difference is the empathy I can feel for Mares and not for Khan. Mares is a family guy, humble, I like him. My champ by far in those weights is Rigo, but I can recognize when you see a good human been as Mares seems to be. My wishes is for him to recover and again be in the top. Good guys deserves this
          Lol you dk rider. Mares is humble? Right after donaire lost he came saying he is laughing at him. His promoters like him showed no class in trashing donaire. This was karma. if mares was humble, he would have acted like a classes rat after donaire lost. Mares deserved this, in the future he better learn to keep his gob shut

Comment

Knocked him silly

Comment

Shocking KO. Great win for Gonzalez. Minor setback for Mares. I could him winning a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                Shocking KO. Great win for Gonzalez. Minor setback for Mares. I could him winning a rematch.
                ... It doesn't matter that he wins a rematch that will not happen...
                Mares got the sign for a glass chin... And he knows that.

Comment

Inconsiderate bastards to think this was a premature stoppage. The face tells it all, it happened so fast live I didn't even see the punch coming myself.

Comment

[QUOTE=lfc19titles;13682061]
                    Originally posted by racostaa View Post

Lol you dk rider. Mares is humble? Right after donaire lost he came saying he is laughing at him. His promoters like him showed no class in trashing donaire. This was karma. if mares was humble, he would have acted like a classes rat after donaire lost. Mares deserved this, in the future he better learn to keep his gob shut
                    Remember that promoters make some fighters create those revalities in order to create tension and most of the time is not real. What I like from Mares, even when my champ is Rigo, is because he is a family guy trying to move forward his family. Is Christian, family oriented, so he impressed me as a person. Maybe this can be fake too, but I can't know. For sure one thing is true, he is able to come back in the future but is true he has a signed weak chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X