No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Dawson: Both Sides Working Hard To Finalize Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward-Dawson: Both Sides Working Hard To Finalize Deal

Dan Goossen said Thursday that he and fellow promoter Gary Shaw have made significant progress in negotiations to make an Andre Ward-Chad Dawson fight sometime in September.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm still confused as to why Ward pretty much avoided fighting Bute after he won the Super Six but then jumps at the chance to fight a bigger & more dangerous fighter in Dawson???

Comment

One of the best fights you can make in the sport. Hope it gets done.

Comment

If Dawson can make 168 comfortably then I'm ok with it.

Woud prefer it at 175 though.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
          I'm still confused as to why Ward pretty much avoided fighting Bute after he won the Super Six but then jumps at the chance to fight a bigger & more dangerous fighter in Dawson???
          Easy because he felt like bute took the easy route while everyone in the tournament faced elite oppo for almost 2 years .. Bute still hasn't faced a B fighter let alone a champion fighter .. Dawson is already a proven champion and would receive much more credit for defeating him than Bute

Comment

Terrible fight. Ward will fight ugly and smother Dawson on the inside to win a UD.

Comment

Why ward won't atleast move up to 175 for this fight and try to win the LHW title?
              168 is gonna drain dawson.

No respect for that.

Move up like the other great champions before you Ward.

Comment

this is a horrible fight. the cure for insomnia quite frankly. Dawson and Ward (More so Dawson) need to clean out their divisions before doing this boring fight. why did dawson even bother winning the ring title at LHW, only to go and fight a smaller guy? it doesnt make sense. he can go fight cleverly or shumenov and unify in the meantime then fight pascal or cloud.

Comment

I love the fight. Part of the reason I wanted Dawson to beat Hopkins was because I thought this was a possibility. And if it lands in AC, I'll be in the arena that night. That said, I think its kinda lame that Ward wants Dawson to come down to 168. I know Dawson said he would. But the great ones go up and fight the bigger guys in their comfort zone. Hope for the sake of a better fight, they at least agree on a catchweight between 168-175 to make the fight a little fairer for Dawson. Draining fighters is lame.

Comment

One of the best fights that can be made right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X