Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. To Still Fight June 30th, Opponent TBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. To Still Fight June 30th, Opponent TBA

Some fighters will sit around and wait for an opportunity to develop. Others are confident enough in their ability to create opportunities on their own.

Gary Russell Jr. falls into the latter category. With that came the difficult decision to withdraw from a featherweight showdown against Luis Franco, instead focusing on the chance to remain active.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man I hope Gary Russell can fight some Top 10 FW's in the next year or so. He's young but he needs to start stepping up his next few fights in my eyes.

Comment

so basically he has no actual excuse for the duck then eh? franco got him scared.

Comment

Step backward in comp. Yeah 1st ginger, now Russell. Can someone bring me another Punisher??

Comment

Sad but true. What undercard was he supposed to be on, where the main event was cancelled?? was it Ortiz/Berto? can't remember

Russell needs to stop ****in around and take on anyone. Already in the middle of the year and he hasn't even fought once.

Comment

This fight better be on the off-tv part of the card. Showtime wasting their money on an opponent who's going to be found on less then 3 weeks notice is going to be a waste of time.

I hope Russell can still fight Franco in September or something.

Comment

Pirog didn't do squat for years after beating Danny Jacobs but people still gave him a pass. Extend the same to Gary Russell Jr. who isn't even a champion yet.

He's a prospect so it's perfectly fine that he take his time.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-11-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Just like I said in the last thread, he will fight TBA no problem!! Damn near as bad as Jesse Benavidez who lives offf of TBA's his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Pirog didn't do squat for years after beating Danny Jacobs but people still gave him a pass. Extend the same to Gary Russell Jr. who isn't even a champion yet.

He's a prospect so it's perfectly fine that he take his time.
                  Pirog was a unknown for Russia who fought Jacobs in his 18th fight, so please STFU!!

Comment

This doesn't make any sense. He hasn't fought since november, so now they turn down a fight to keep him busy. Really? Seven months later they're worried about keeping him busy? What a crock, something spooked them, Cubans can do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X