No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson on Mayweather-Ortiz, Cayo, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson on Mayweather-Ortiz, Cayo, More

This Friday night, junior welterweight contender Lamont Peterson will engage in yet another crucial battle as he faces off with Dominican Victor Cayo in an IBF eliminator from the Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada. It’s a must-win fight for Peterson, who admits that he might consider retiring if unsuccessful this weekend.

[Click Here To Read More]

yes, USADA testing is better for the sport

Comment

peterson can't hide his hate for khan. called the fight "boring?!" it only went 5 rounds!! how the f-ck?!

Comment

WAR Peterson!!!!!!!!!! Lamont and Anthony will always have a fan in me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          WAR Peterson!!!!!!!!!! Lamont and Anthony will always have a fan in me.
          Agreed,dude has boxing skill but yet loves to bang..What's not to love??

Comment

Describing Khan as a counter puncher who sometimes lead? No way. Khan mostly leads, rarely does he counter. If he ever got in there against Khan, he doesn't have to worry about making Khan lead. Other than that Peterson was on point with everything else.

Comment

Fight Rios

Comment

another vote for the "use the jab" theory. is the jab the key to defeating mayweather? i don't know. but what i do know is this: of the 41 opponents who have tried, none were able to establish and utilize the jab effectively.

lol @ those who lol @ the "use the jab" theory.

the jab offsets speed. this is a fact. ask any trainer. using the jab against speed is a basic fundamental rule in boxing.

i dare you to argue with me.

in their 1st fight, whenever castillo did use the jab, he was able to get in on floyd, corner him and land some good shots.
                Last edited by texasboi15; 07-28-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                  another vote for the "use the jab" theory. is the jab the key to defeating mayweather? i don't know. but what i do know is this: of the 41 opponents who have tried, none were able to establish and utilize the jab effectively.

lol @ those who lol @ the "use the jab" theory.

the jab offsets speed. this is a fact. ask any trainer. using the jab against speed is a basic fundamental rule in boxing.

i dare you to argue with me.

in their 1st fight, whenever castillo did use the jab, he was able to get in on floyd, corner him and land some good shots.
                  Floyd wants you to jab so he can pull counter it; which usually stops people from jabbing at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Describing Khan as a counter puncher who sometimes lead? No way. Khan mostly leads, rarely does he counter. If he ever got in there against Khan, he doesn't have to worry about making Khan lead. Other than that Peterson was on point with everything else.
                    Changed the name back I see.He was right about 1 thing concerning Khan though,he does leave himself wiiiide open when he leads.But I don't think Peterson himself has the power to make Khan pay.A fighter like Ortiz at welterweight can crack that chin again though.

Comment

Working...
                    X