Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao: Everything Remains To Be Seen

Did a post on Manny Pacquiao, with emphasis on all roads leading to
    Manny moving up in weight. Such would giving the Filipino boxer
    a shot at a fourth world title in different divisions.

I'm all out for Manny! But after seeing his last fight, i have a
    concern - his speed. I fear that a further move up will make
    Manny Pacquiao slow, flatfooted,and predictable.

I hope I'm wrong on this one.

But I guess everything remains to be seen. What do you think?

*my post here, friends. could be an interesting read, everyone.

Originally posted by AnitoKid View Post

Pac will dominate the lightweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by AnitoKid View Post

Not quite sure about the speed but 1 thing for sure is that he will be alot stronger and throw with more power when he moves up in weight which seems to be what more people are concerned about than speed. It seems strange but people actually get stronger when they become bigger. When i got out of basic training when i was in the military i had lost alot of weight and felt very week. But when i got out i put on a few pounds a couple of weeks later and felt much stronger with alot more energy. Everyone else i talked to in the military felt the same way. So im sure Manny's body reacts the same way.

Comment

With regards to strength - I hope that will be the case, my friend.

And i hope Manny realizes the importance of speed in his craft.
        It's different this time, he will be fighting guys who box well in the respective divisions. And that counts a lot in the sport.

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Not quite sure about the speed but 1 thing for sure is that he will be alot stronger and throw with more power when he moves up in weight which seems to be what more people are concerned about than speed. It seems strange but people actually get stronger when they become bigger. When i got out of basic training when i was in the military i had lost alot of weight and felt very week. But when i got out i put on a few pounds a couple of weeks later and felt much stronger with alot more energy. Everyone else i talked to in the military felt the same way. So im sure Manny's body reacts the same way.

Comment

I think that he will still be very fast. He didn't seem to lose speed when he went from featherweight to super-featherweight, so I think he'll be quick. In terms of titles, the top 3 at lightweight are Diaz, Casamayor and Campbell, and Pac will still be quicker than those 3, even with a few lbs extra.

Comment

I think that Manny is getting very slow. I even think that he didn't win the match between Marquez.

Comment

Manny's body is now geared towards LW, and his camp agrees he has to kill himself in order to make 130. he has also included in his sparring some LW and some light welters so it will not be a complete surprise to him.

Comment

i think manny's definitely gonna do well in the lightweight division. as for speed, counterpunching was a huge focus that freddie roach incorporated in his training for pac's second bout against marquez, which i believe is a factor. during the fight, i felt that pac was watching his punches more instead of throwing as constantly as he usually does, and i think that it was more the style that he had to adapt to against such a strong counterpuncher like marquez. i dont think speed will be a huge issue for pac, and like Clegg mentioned from above, i think that he'll still be faster than the top 3 contenders in the lightweight division regardless. go manny!

Comment

Working...
                X