No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Imagining Something Better Than a September Replay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Imagining Something Better Than a September Replay

“Imagine there’s no heaven. It’s easy if you try.

“No hell below us. Above us, only sky.”

Go ahead and ask yourself the last time you read a boxing article that began with a John Lennon song. And then, go ahead and imagine, because it seems that’ll be the only way that anyone will see a fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Amir Khan in the late summer.

The Englishman of Pakistani heritage passed the necessary audition for a “Money” match come this September, but he’s apparently going to allow himself to be bypassed – most likely for a rematch of Saturday’s unification with Marcos Maidana – because of religious devotion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

9 put of 112! Well I guess now we'll here how Floyd must have paid off the entire world media. I think Khan should should fight Porter or Thurman. If he beats one of them, he should get his shot. If not one of the big boys, he should fight Broner, Danny Garcia, or Matthysse @ 147. I read that he was not opposed to fighting Pacquiao, but I haven't read anything from TR that says they're interested (not surprised).

Comment

I would like to see Khan fight Porter or Thurman as well before we say he deserves a shot.

This writer is stroking Khan a bit too much. Lets face it, Collazo is a C Level fighter and Khan looked pretty good in the win, but i wouldn't say it was impressive.

Comment

So beating an unranked Collazo is passing an audition to fight the champion of the division?

Ok buddy. cool.

Comment

Khan over Maidana is even more unfair today than it would have been earlier this year. Maidana just gave Floyd his toughest fight in over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
            I would like to see Khan fight Porter or Thurman as well before we say he deserves a shot.

This writer is stroking Khan a bit too much. Lets face it, Collazo is a C Level fighter and Khan looked pretty good in the win, but i wouldn't say it was impressive.
            It doesn't even have to be Porter or Thurman IMO. Alexander, Brook, Guerrero, a Garcia rematch, any of those would be enough for me to be interested in a Mayweather fight next year.

Collazo definitely wasn't enough.

Comment

Khan was a guy who was ranked #2 at ww going into the fight with collazo which was designed, as khan put it, "to test the waters at 147."

Just let that sink in for a few.

Comment

Lyle imagines something better than a September replay and the only guy he pushes is one who isn't available to fight in September.

What about Thurman and Porter?

Comment

love him or hate him its crazy that if someone else besides floyd fights in that fight its considered an easy win but mayweather has a somewhat close fight and every screams robbery. Does that show how great he really is at 37 or does it just show how much people want him to lose or both?

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
                    Khan was a guy who was ranked #2 at ww going into the fight with collazo which was designed, as khan put it, "to test the waters at 147."

Just let that sink in for a few.
                    When he was introduced as number 2 ranked ww by whatever sanctioning body I was like wtf! How do u go from looking like shyte in ur last few fights at jww to being ranked number 2 in your first fight at ww? SMMFH in complete disgust. They dont even try to disguise the bs anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X