No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gomez: Vanes Just Doesn't Want The Angulo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gomez: Vanes Just Doesn't Want The Angulo Fight

Eric Gomez, Vice President of Golden Boy Promotions, advised BoxingScene.com that Vanes Martirosyan (30-0, 19KOs) turned down "the biggest payday of his career, by far" when he rejected a proposal to fight Alfredo Angulo (20-1, 17KOs) in a WBC junior middleweight eliminator on November 5th in Cancun, Mexico. HBO was planning to televise the fight, and the winner would have received a mandatory shot at Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

[Click Here To Read More]

1st post!..

Well...it's official...VANES IS A B1TCH.

Comment

I guess Vanes yapping was all major BS. He doesnt want it with El Perro, damn that would have been a nice show too.

Comment

Vanes reaction.

Comment

Man Vanes should be more like Vic, yes talk **** all you want but back it up like Vic. (for the most part)

Comment

If this is true and there is no good reason behind his decision, then I can't defend Vanes. I'd like to hear from him as well though, Golden Boy aren't the most trustworthy, not that any promoter is really.

Comment

I have said it ever since he started running away from lara the homeboy is a pussi

Comment

I was really

starting to like Vanes....especially when he said he'd go anywhere, including mexico, to fight Angulo or Canelo....and now that he's turned this, what would be a good fight, down, i'm calling a puto a puto.........and vanes, tu eres un gran puto. I dont ever wanna see this fool on this website calling people out

Comment

Perro is no slouch and for vanes to beat perro he needs a full camp with Freddie... As it stands now Freddie won't be able to train vanes for nov 5 fight... He's busy with the us Olympic team and then he's off to Manila for manny... December fight date is more like it, but just because Eric Gomez says jump doesn't mean vanes has to jump...Now who in their right mind would accept a fight perro without the proper training camp and preparation...
                  I wish Gomez would say how much they offered vanes? Gut tells me what they refer to "as the highest pay day" is far less than a fight like that would demand... If he does disclose the amount then maybe a bunch of u might change your tune...
                  Anyway well wait and see what happens when the purse bid is ordered which means the winner of the purse will have to split the payout 50-50... Surely golden boy isn't offering 50/50 kind of money to vanes now

Comment

vanes has called dam near everybody at 147,and 154 a bunch of pussie's and now look at whose wearing the tampon

Comment

Working...
                    X