Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson’s Trainer on Hopkins Rematch, Strategy, Location

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson’s Trainer on Hopkins Rematch, Strategy, Location

“If ever there was a fight to be called unfinished business, it’s obviously this one,” said John Scully, trainer to Chad Dawson, whose rematch with light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins was recently made official.

[Click Here To Read More]

How I would love for Dawson to Knock Out Hopkins out COLD!!! So Hopkins can finally shut his trap and humble himself a bit. The guy is always talking sssshhhiiitttt.

Comment

HOPKINS Will Drum Chad Dawson!

B-hop was never scared. The fight hardly got going, and Dawson dumped Hopkins on his shoulder. All the replays were exceptionally clear on that. Every commentator agreed as much. The commission agreed as well. Anyone that sees it differently doesn't like Hopkins, or doesn't understand what they saw on the replay. Provided Hopkins shoulder is healthy, he's going to do what he has ALWAYS done his entire career, and do a number on Dawson, embarrass him, and prove to the Boxing world, he is still a freak of nature. He's a throw back/old school legend, willing to fight anybody. A Marvin Hagler type warrior. We'll see what Dawson & Co. have to say after this beatdown they are about to take from Bernard Hopkins, living legend.

Comment

I think this is the end of the road for Hopkins. The man has had an illustious career.He has fought and beaten some of the best of his era. He will still have a small chance to pull off the upset in this fight, but he will have to be very patient. I think that Chad, at this point, is just too much for him on a physical level. But from a mental stand point, he can still get in Chad's head and make him pay for his mistakes. I just think his fight plan will be all wrong. Bernard feels as though he has to sit back and counter Chad, but that will be his mistake. He should be the aggressor and not give Chad too much time to think. He needs to show Chad that he is there to fight and get his respect early.

I really think this will throw off Chad's game plan. Around the 7th or 8th round, that's when Bernard should switch up the plan. Chad will realize he's in a serious fight and try to open up to gain full control. This is when he can get countered and caught with something big. Bernard is smart enough and still have the reflexes to counter Chad and catch him clean.

The problem with that is, there really isn't too many other option for Bernard. That is the only fight plan he can execute to win. And, he will damn near have to be flawless to pull it off. I don't think that he can fight a flawless fight. I can imagine him taking a serious beating and realizing that its truly over for him and there is no point in getting hammered for all 12 rounds. I think he will retire on his stool by round 9 or 10.

But at 47 years old, there is no shame in that against a young talented fighter.Bernard Hopkins was and is a true champion and has nothing else left to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
          B-hop was never scared. The fight hardly got going, and Dawson dumped Hopkins on his shoulder. All the replays were exceptionally clear on that. Every commentator agreed as much. The commission agreed as well. Anyone that sees it differently doesn't like Hopkins, or doesn't understand what they saw on the replay. Provided Hopkins shoulder is healthy, he's going to do what he has ALWAYS done his entire career, and do a number on Dawson, embarrass him, and prove to the Boxing world, he is still a freak of nature. He's a throw back/old school legend, willing to fight anybody. A Marvin Hagler type warrior. We'll see what Dawson & Co. have to say after this beatdown they are about to take from Bernard Hopkins, living legend.
          ALL of this^^^^^^^^^^^^^....green!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
            hopkins fans are in such denial man...

the fact of the matter (which you seemed to selectively omit) is simple...hopkins threw a punch, missed, and literally dove off his feet and landed on chad dawson's back intentionally....it was obvious that hopkins was hell bent on making it a dirty fight from the outset...with that said, who can blame dawson for getting his respect or protecting himself regardless of the final outcome of the fight, because from the outset, the refs were going to allow hopkins to apply every dirty trick in the book...

hopkins act is way past tired and boring, its just dangerous now...and anyone who doesn't agree with how things went down in the first fight, just doesn't like hopkins or is a hater? well so be it....if hopkins can't fight without all the garbage that permeates before, during, and after his fights, just do boxing a favor....take this a-whooping from dawson (because we know why he avoided dawson for years) and retire man...time for these young guns to establish themselves...and please don't use the shoulder as an excuse when you lose, because i already see the setup from the diehards...

Comment

when is the last time Hopkins got penalized in a fight? Lol Hopkins bends but doesn't break the rules buddy. Boxing at its full science. If you don't like Hopkins then you don't like boxing. Yea Hopkins isn't himself from 10 years ago but that's because he hella old and has to adjust to his abilities. If you hating then you hating. War b-hop

Comment

Looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                  I think this is the end of the road for Hopkins. The man has had an illustious career.He has fought and beaten some of the best of his era. He will still have a small chance to pull off the upset in this fight, but he will have to be very patient. I think that Chad, at this point, is just too much for him on a physical level.
                  I agree

Comment

Working...
                  X