Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoan Pablo Hernandez To Face Eric Fields Feb. 2 In Berlin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoan Pablo Hernandez To Face Eric Fields Feb. 2 In Berlin

By Jake Donovan - Lineal cruiserweight champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez will return to the ring on February 2, when he next defends his crown against Eric Fields of the United States. The fight will take place at Max Schmelling Halle in Berlin, marking Hernandez’ sixth appearance at the historic venue.

“I am very excited“, said Hernandez (27-1-1, 13KO) in a statement. “Berlin has become my new home. I live and train here. Never before have I stood inside the ring of the Max Schmeling Halle as the champion of the world.”

The bout shares marquee space with a domestic light heavyweight scrap between Eduard Gutknecht and Juergen Braehmer.

Hernandez’ last appearance at the hosting venue came in Dec. ’10, scoring a 1st round knockout over Ali Ismailov in his last fight before officially entering the title fray. An interim title win over Steve Herelius two months later paved the way for his vacant World lineal championship with Cunningham, whom he bested via technical decision in their aborted first fight in Oct. ’11. [Click Here To Read More]

Good article...I will love to watch that fight...

Comment

Hernandez is NOT the lineal champion.

Comment

Working...
      X