Broner is fighting the best Lightweights possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner is fighting the best Lightweights possible

How can anyone hate him for this???

He stared off fighting Antonio DeMarco, who was the #1 ranked LW at the time. He was coming off wins over Linares and Molina.

Now he seems to be fighting Richard Abril, the #5 LW right now. The only LW's ahead of him are Broner himself, DeMarco who Broner beat, Vazquez and Burns. Abril could have wins over Prescott, Rios, Acosta, and Lundy. He's probably the most dangerous high risk fight in the division.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-13-2012, 02:34 AM.

And if he beats Abril he will probably fight Ricky Burns. The guy is making a serious attempt to unify all of the belts at lightweight.

The only one missing would be Miguel Vasquez.

Comment

Props to him to bad hes in the shtties division in boxing. Look forward to him moving up and fighting guys like matthyse garcia

Comment

whos hating him for this? I think people dislike him more for the way he acts. And lets be real, the LW division is pretty fucken weak.... DeMarco was not that great a fighter yet hes getting all this praise for beating him.

Comment

I doubt Broner-Vazquez happens. Vazquez is promoted Zanfer, who works closely with Top Rank. I think we'll Gamboa fight Vazquez in 2013.

135 isn't terrible.

Broner, Vazquez, Abril, and Burns are all good fighters. And Gamboa is heading that way too.

Comment

All he can do is beat the best guys in his division even if they suck. That's what the Klitschkos do and they get praised for it.

Once he cleans up 135 he can look to move up.

Comment

Well Gamboa wants to fight him badly, can Broner dare step up and take that fight? That would earn him some serious stripes among boxing fans.

I thought I read that Guerrero and Broner were going at it on twitter? There are two Guerreros in boxing right? Which Guerrero was this?

I'd like Broner to fight Linares and Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                How can anyone hate him for this???

He stared off fighting Antonio DeMarco, who was the #1 ranked LW at the time. He was coming off wins over Linares and Molina.

Now he seems to be fighting Richard Abril, the #5 LW right now. The only LW's ahead of him are Broner himself, DeMarco who Broner beat, Vazquez and Burns. Abril should have wins over Prescott, Rios, Acosta, and Lundy. He's probably the most dangerous high risk fight in the division.
                The scores were debatable..... The decision wasn't

Comment

Yes Broner is fighting the best @135 so far, I mean he has only 1 fight but its a good start.

Comment

Broner wants to unify the belts at Lightweight and quickly move up to Jr. Welterweight, he'll have a lot of top-notch competition in that division that he can go with before really taking a long hard look at Welterweight and Super Welterweight.

Broner's ceiling is Super Welterweight to me but Welterweight is the perfect division for him as he'll still have his size, strength and speed but once you get to 154lbs, he'll slow down and the power will be matched with his. He may just milk the Jr. Welterweight division for sometime.

I really think Golden Boy is trying to setup Garcia vs. Broner for a mega-fight in 2014 when they've established their names to the normal boxing enthusiast community.

Comment

Working...
                    X