No announcement yet.

Berto v. Paul Williams in January- I knew it right away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto v. Paul Williams in January- I knew it right away

I knew last night that the next match-up for Berto is going to be against Paul Williams. Berto stands square in front of his opponent ready to be hit- just how Paul Williams needs his opponents. Williams will happily accept the offer. Berto thinks he will be able to fool people into thinking he is defending his title against a top level dangerous opponent he thinks he will be able to beat the crap out of. HBO invested a lot into these guys who they seem to be readily admitting on the air they are not who they thought they were. I bet the match gets made for January. I bet we get 12 rounds of brawlers with no boxing skills going at it in an essentially meaningless fight...Senseless violence...What do you think?

i think berto is fighting bailey next.

Comment

another good matchmaker on NSB! seriously, i LOVE this fight. it's a true 50/50 fight IMO; if Berto wins he's basically right back where he was before the Ortiz loss, and if Williams wins, he's back in contention too. absolutely love this fight. . .

But where do you think the fight will take place at? I don't see Berto willing to go to 154, and I honestly don't think Williams can make 147 without giving up too much at this point in his career. Catchweight at 150ish? Berto has more pull right now, so he can probably get it to maybe 149. See, this is why CW are good - they allow the best fights to be made.

HBO - if you are reading - PLEASE make this fight happen. it has FOTY written all over it.

EARLY PREDICTION: Berto by KO/TKO or Williams UD.

Comment

I highly doubt Al Haymon makes that move...Berto needs another good win or two before he messes with a top fighter, and Williams just gets hit wayy too much.

Comment

I thought Randall Bailey was his mandatory?

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            another good matchmaker on NSB! seriously, i LOVE this fight. it's a true 50/50 fight IMO; if Berto wins he's basically right back where he was before the Ortiz loss, and if Williams wins, he's back in contention too. absolutely love this fight. . .

But where do you think the fight will take place at? I don't see Berto willing to go to 154, and I honestly don't think Williams can make 147 without giving up too much at this point in his career. Catchweight at 150ish? Berto has more pull right now, so he can probably get it to maybe 149. See, this is why CW are good - they allow the best fights to be made.

HBO - if you are reading - PLEASE make this fight happen. it has FOTY written all over it.

EARLY PREDICTION: Berto by KO/TKO or Williams UD.
            I can see the fight happening at 152...I know Berto used to fight at 154 in the amateurs...actually won the national golden gloves at 154. It surprises me he fights so low as a professional- he weighed like 160 last night at the time of the fight. There would be no problem fighting at 152 for either fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
              I highly doubt Al Haymon makes that move...Berto needs another good win or two before he messes with a top fighter, and Williams just gets hit wayy too much.
              Did you see Williams v. Lara? Williams is done. Gaymon would definitely put Berto in there with him at this point- youre right- he does get hit too much- thats the point.

Comment

I saw other posts about people saying Berto is not getting any better at this point- he should cash out. This would be his way of cashing out. Get a win over Williams...Look like a real champion- Let Victor Ortiz challenge him for the IBF title after he loses the WBC belt to Mayweather. Berto could even defend his belt in a unification against Pacquaio. The possibilities are endless. He needs the win over Williams though to be taken seriously so HBO can pump up the next fight as worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                  Did you see Williams v. Lara? Williams is done. Gaymon would definitely put Berto in there with him at this point- youre right- he does get hit too much- thats the point.
                  Yeah I guess if he figures he's gonna cash out on Paul Williams now...

Comment

Al Haymon fighters fighting each other? I hope so because its holding boxing hostage..

Comment

Working...
                    X