No announcement yet.

knuckle problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knuckle problem

I recently bought some new title handwraps and gloves and ive been using them for two weeks but ive notice my knuckles have been hurting like a bruising kind of pain and sometimes they crickle and crack moving them, what could be wrong, is it the gloves?

note: i am 19 years old i used to box but now i just do the workouts not fights, so i know how to wrap my hands and hit the bag properly but what could it be?

Originally posted by lilducer22 View Post
    I recently bought some new title handwraps and gloves and ive been using them for two weeks but ive notice my knuckles have been hurting like a bruising kind of pain and sometimes they crickle and crack moving them, what could be wrong, is it the gloves?

note: i am 19 years old i used to box but now i just do the workouts not fights, so i know how to wrap my hands and hit the bag properly but what could it be?
    How do the gloves fit? I'm not a hand problem expert but there were times where I wore gloves that were too big and the outside of my hand hurt (outer pinky knuckle) and when I'd take them off it would be like a stretching bruising pain. Make sure your gloves arent to the point where they can kind if "slide" or "wiggle" on the edges of your hand and that they're tight enough around the wrist!!

It goes without saying that if your handwraps sre waaay too tight that once the pressure is relieved (they come off) it will also ache...

Try different gloves eith the same wraps, then maybe look into the wraps/method if it persists. Normally that should alleviate things so long as it's not punching form or some problem with the actual hands.

Sorry not an expert but trying to help from my personal experience. If you have a tub of rice or anything youncan stick your hand in and open/close it try to stretch your hand out see if it helps.

Comment

Are you sure your wrapping them right? What's your process?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        How do the gloves fit? I'm not a hand problem expert but there were times where I wore gloves that were too big and the outside of my hand hurt (outer pinky knuckle) and when I'd take them off it would be like a stretching bruising pain. Make sure your gloves arent to the point where they can kind if "slide" or "wiggle" on the edges of your hand and that they're tight enough around the wrist!!

It goes without saying that if your handwraps sre waaay too tight that once the pressure is relieved (they come off) it will also ache...

Try different gloves eith the same wraps, then maybe look into the wraps/method if it persists. Normally that should alleviate things so long as it's not punching form or some problem with the actual hands.

Sorry not an expert but trying to help from my personal experience. If you have a tub of rice or anything youncan stick your hand in and open/close it try to stretch your hand out see if it helps.
        I think it is the size of the glove! Previously i had 12oz and fit me fine and my new one is 14oz and there not too big but alittle but enough to feel a difference because the pain you are describing is the one im having! Only its occuring on my pinky and index knuckle, i will try my 12oz tomorrow, much thanks!!!

Comment

You might not be wrapping them correct by making it too tight around your knuckles
          Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 02-20-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I think it is the size of the glove! Previously i had 12oz and fit me fine and my new one is 14oz and there not too big but alittle but enough to feel a difference because the pain you are describing is the one im having! Only its occuring on my pinky and index knuckle, i will try my 12oz tomorrow, much thanks!!!
            Ok let us know how it feels tomorrow. Some of the other guys who have more experience might be able to help if it persists.

Comment

stop boxing and rest ur hands right now before u break your hand bro,

ghet them wrapped right way, i mean by experianced person. rest them for 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                You might not be wrapping them correct by making it too tight around your knuckles
                dont think it was that, ive been wrapping my hands the same way for 7years and never have i had knuckle problems

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                  Are you sure your wrapping them right? What's your process?
                  yes im sure, like i said to someone else, ive been wrapping them for 7 years the same way, and never countered a knuckle problem

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Ok let us know how it feels tomorrow. Some of the other guys who have more experience might be able to help if it persists.
                    tried my 12oz gloves today, was a big difference!! when i was done with the workout my knuckle felt great and not strain, but its still damaged from the other gloves so ima just rest my hand for a bit and go back to my 12oz gloves, thanks for the tip! i always though bigger gloves ment better protection but i guess i was wrong lol

Comment

Working...
                    X