Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know it's another movie thread, but De Niro in Taxi Driver and Mean Streets...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's another movie thread, but De Niro in Taxi Driver and Mean Streets...

Just lol.

Probably the best acting i've ever seen.

I honestly wanted to punch his head in he was that much of a dick in Mean Streets. Was he really that good or was he also a dick in reality in his younger days?.

As for Taxi Driver he literally looked like he needed sectioning. I bet he even scared the other actors.

(Going overkill with the movie threads i know)

Don't apologize for more movie threads, they're one of the reason I come to the lounge.

De Niro in Taxi Driver was an absolute powerhouse, such a fleshed out character. Him not even getting an Oscar nomination was such a travesty and was a Sweet Pea-Chavez level of robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      Just lol.

I honestly wanted to punch his head in he was that much of a dick in Mean Streets. Was he really that good or was he also a dick in reality in his younger days?.

As for Taxi Driver he literally looked like he needed sectioning. I bet he even scared the other actors.

Well, not much is known about Bob when he's not acting, seeing as he's always been a very private individual. But he is a method actor, so he literally lives out his roles, which is why they seem so real and hard hitting. Top 5 All time Great Actor in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Well, not much is known about Bob when he's not acting, seeing as he's always been a very private individual. But he is a method actor, so he literally lives out his roles, which is why they seem so real and hard hitting. Top 5 All time Great Actor in my book.
        I always change my mind about who i think is greater regarding De Niro and Al Pacino. I think it is my personal taste when i think AP is better than De Niro.

Honestly i've got to say De Niro because of Taxi Driver, he was unbelievable in it. He literally looked like he had insanity in his eyes.

Comment

Just lol.

I don't think De Niro needed to be real bad to portray such role. He convincingly played the part of ******ed in Awakening (w/Robin Williams).

Comment

I always change my mind about who i think is greater regarding De Niro and Al Pacino. I think it is my personal taste when i think AP is better than De Niro.

Honestly i've got to say De Niro because of Taxi Driver, he was unbelievable in it. He literally looked like he had insanity in his eyes.
            I'd personally go with De Niro but both are incredible actors no doubt. I'm assuming you've seen Raging Bull; what are your thoughts on that performance?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I'd personally go with De Niro but both are incredible actors no doubt. I'm assuming you've seen Raging Bull; what are your thoughts on that performance?
              Honestly, i've never seen it.

Might sound strange, but growing up i used to have a bias and i would never watch old movies. Thankfully i snapped out of that and i am currently working my way through a backlog of classics.

Comment

Might sound strange, but growing up i used to have a bias and i would never watch old movies. Thankfully i snapped out of that and i am currently working my way through a backlog of classics.
                welcome to the club...

dont stop with scorsese though...

Comment

Honestly, i've never seen it.

Well, it's never too late; as time goes by our tastes in things tend to change including films. Do yourself a favor and watch that movie, it's brilliant and De Niro gives arguably his best performance to date in it. Plus it's the best boxing movie of all time

Comment

taxi driver is the greater challenge of Bobby's acting ability, it's easier to be a dick all the time like in mean streets, travis (taxi driver ) changes dramatically throughout the film

Comment

Working...
                    X