No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khabib-Mayfield Discussed For Rios vs. Alvarado Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khabib-Mayfield Discussed For Rios vs. Alvarado Card

BoxingScene.com has been advised that another match being considered for the Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado undercard is a fight between WBA/IBO 140-pound champion Khabib Allakhverdiev (18-0, 8KOs) and unbeaten contender Karim Mayfield (17-0-1, 10KOs). The fight is not close to being done.

Khabib captured the vacant "regular" title last year with an eight round technical decision over previously undefeated Joan Guzman. Danny Garcia is the WBA's "super champion" at the weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I got Khabib in this one. Mayfield's flashy hand speed and whatnot doesn't impress me.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Jose Benavidez Jr & Karim Mayfield should fight each other on the undercard.

Step up for both of them. I'd see Benavidez winning by KO.

Comment

Something tells me that Karim Mayfield can beat all the C and B level boxers, but none of the A level...

Comment

Good fight I got Khabib.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
            Jose Benavidez Jr & Karim Mayfield should fight each other on the undercard.

Step up for both of them. I'd see Benavidez winning by KO.
            Mayfield takes him into deep waters and stops him in 8.

Comment

^ Mayfield wouldn't be able to deal with his height & would get picked apart by Benavidez's Jab & would succumb to his vicious left hook to the body.

Mayfield has nothing for Junior. Fight wouldn't even go 5 rounds.
              Last edited by AM Boxing5; 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

The winner of this fight might fight the winner of Rios vs Alvardo. There is not many options for Rios or Alvardo at 140 or 147 based on the GB vs TR cold war.

Comment

Allakverdiev looked beast against guzman. based on what i saw out of mayfield in the herrera fight, i think khabib gets a ud or possible late stoppage.

Comment

Khabib toys with Mayfield.

Comment

Working...
                    X