Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if that broken orbital bone was a blessing in disguise for Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if that broken orbital bone was a blessing in disguise for Margarito?

I'm just saying that in the Pacquiao fight Robert Garcia and Margarito never really worked on head movement and foot work. They focused on body punching and strength. Right now for this fight I see that the training camp for Margarito is doing some head movement training to avoid getting hit on the right eye and they are doing much more foot drills. What if that broken orbital bone opened Margarito's thoughts that as a boxer you need to move your head in order to avoid the risk of getting hit? He used to just walk through shots without using much of an effort to even block them. They know Cotto will try to make it a fast paced fight early on so they are preparing for this by having him slip and weave punches which is something he does not normally do...

You could say their first fight opened Cotto's mind that he needs better conditioning.
    And I don't think Cotto wants a fast paced fight. Margarito wants to get in his face and pressure him into the ground again, create chaos and Cotto will want to keep things calm and managable, so he can pick him apart and nothing from Marg slips through and hurts him.

Comment

I actually think getting caught with plaster was the best thing for him. Ever since the controversy erupted this guy has been getting big fight after big fight although he's done absolutely nothing in the past few years to warrant a big payday. The controversy surrounding his name is enough to get him the big names.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        I actually think getting caught with plaster was the best thing for him. Ever since the controversy erupted this guy has been getting big fight after big fight although he's done absolutely nothing in the past few years to warrant a big payday. The controversy surrounding his name is enough to get him the big names.
        Lmaooo youre right

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Lmao! Good point there.

Comment

Working...
          X