No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez-Erik Morales in 2011? Just Say Yes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez-Erik Morales in 2011? Just Say Yes

By Cliff Rold - Maybe we’ll never know, really, who the better man would have been on their best day. The best that can probably be discovered is who the superior man is right now, in this late moment of two legendary contemporary careers.

One is 37 and still reigning as the legitimate Lightweight Champion of the World. He might not be as good as he once was, but it’s fair to think he’s still as good on any one night as he ever was.

The other is 34, 3-0 in 2010 after nearly three years out of the ring, a rebound from the four consecutive losses that appeared to draw his curtain.

Given the descriptions, it doesn’t sound like it should amount to much.

Except…

…except the descriptions are missing names. The champion is Juan Manuel Marquez (52-5-1, 38 KO). The challenger, should the final details be ironed out for an April 9 showdown, will be Erik Morales (51-6, 35 KO).

Morales is perceived, fairly, to be well faded. Marquez is not. A one-sided loss to Floyd Mayweather two divisions higher than Marquez had any business being in 2009 came between a rousing pair of wins over Juan Diaz and a stoppage of Michael Katsidis. The first Diaz fight was the 2009 Fight of the Year; the Katsidis win was a leading contender for the honors in 2010. [Click Here To Read More]

I agree. Im excited with this fight. Marquez will win this though but Morales is just a tough SOB

Comment

morales feels hes the toughest of mexicans,i expect a hungry morales.

Comment

Yes,

If the price is right! as per Marquez request!

But, then, it would have been much better if Marquez opted to fight Amir Khan or Andre Berto in the upper weight division!

Comment

i'm the guy in the article that is to their self. no interest in this fight at all. and i'm a big fan of both guys.

Comment

Two of my all time favorites, Juan may not be able to recover in less than 10 seconds one of these times. Morales has always had a habit of fighting to the level of his competition. Cant wait, pricing rooms and flights. I'll go out on that limb, Morales ko4.

Comment

I hate that I want to see this fight. I want to be against it but, c'mon it's Juan Manuel Marquez and Eric Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
                I hate that I want to see this fight. I want to be against it but, c'mon it's Juan Manuel Marquez and Eric Morales.
                Yeah i'm with you man, just know you just have to see this fight...

El Terrible pullin out all the stops one last time, would love to see him be the first to 4.

Comment

i cant help but to be interested when seeing these two names and a 'vs' in between them. this fight shouldve happen longggg time ago, but hopefully, if it happens itll be worth it. hopefully morales comes hungry and ready for war.

Comment

Me, my fiancee, my parents and my little brother will be there live if it goes down! Will be supporting JMM to the fullest!

Comment

Working...
                    X