Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd stick his foot in his mouth by discrediting the other potential opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Floyd stick his foot in his mouth by discrediting the other potential opponents?

He stated that he has no interests in fighting Canelo because he's too green. He said he didnt even know who Guerrero was. He said he has no interest in fighting Cotto because it would be considered fighting one of Pac's leftovers.

I guess that only leaves Martinez if a fight with Pac doesnt materialize. Realistically, aside from Pac or Martinez, who else is there for Floyd to fight that he would get credit for? From the other options on the table, I say no one. I think its in Floyd best interest to agree to the 50/50 split

i agree with you

floyd is pretty desperate of the pac fight right now which is even with all the posturing from both sides i think it will happen

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
      i agree with you

floyd is pretty desperate of the pac fight right now which is even with all the posturing from both sides i think it will happen
      Each day that passes, the chances of this fight happening become slimmer and slimmer. Aside from a promotional tour which although this fight doesnt need much of, it still has to be done in order to maximize viewership, they still need time for a 24/7 segment and training. Given that it's already January 22nd, they're cutting it pretty close!

If you think about what Floyd did from an unbiased view, he basically said "I have to go to jail June 1st and since I have May 5th available, I want Pacquiao. If he doesnt accept all my terms he's ducking!"

How is this any different from what Arum did with the countdown clock that the Floydboyz openly bashed?
      Last edited by Deevel916; 01-22-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Obviously, PBF will pick midget Pac over a towering Martinez. Not to mention the huge difference in the amount of money each would generate. Other than Pac/Martinez, PBF and his fans will always claim that there's no other name worthy of PBF's attention. And that's the problem. They lack consistency. Pac's name towers above all else. YET, they're still playing this hard-to-get game as if PBF is giving Pac and fans, in general, a huge favor. It's as if KFC is doing it for free.

They never wanted to ask the question, "If it's not Pac, who ELSE is there for PBF?" If that's the case, why on earth would you dump all these tons of roadblocks if your only choice is Pac?

Last edited by al-Xander; 01-22-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          He stated that he has no interests in fighting Canelo because he's too green. He said he didnt even know who Guerrero was. He said he has no interest in fighting Cotto because it would be considered fighting one of Pac's leftovers.

I guess that only leaves Martinez if a fight with Pac doesnt materialize. Realistically, aside from Pac or Martinez, who else is there for Floyd to fight that he would get credit for? From the other options on the table, I say no one. I think its in Floyd best interest to agree to the 50/50 split
          The Berto/Ortiz winner. He wanted to fight Andre Berto last year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            The Berto/Ortiz winner. He wanted to fight Andre Berto last year.
            Floyd/Berto would be a decent scrap given he beats and looks impressive against Ortiz. I dont think anyone is looking forward to another bout with Ortiz though! He already proved he's a mental midget and cant handle adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Floyd/Berto would be a decent scrap given he beats and looks impressive against Ortiz. I dont think anyone is looking forward to another bout with Ortiz though! He already proved he's a mental midget and cant handle adversity.
              Not right now I agree, most people would rather see a Berto/FMJ fight, but if Ortiz wins another war with Berto, people will be talking about him rematching FMJ.

Comment

no way he stuck his foot in his mouth. 1st off he disses every opponent he faces. He doesnt think Pac is that good either but does that mean that Pac's not good?

On top of that he was being real about what his critics would say and that is what they will say. This thread is evidence of that in some ways.

Also, there is a good chance that Pac fights Cotto so if you consider what Floyd did as them really not being good then Pac should not get any credit for a Cotto fight either

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  no way he stuck his foot in his mouth. 1st off he disses every opponent he faces. He doesnt think Pac is that good either but does that mean that Pac's not good?

On top of that he was being real about what his critics would say and that is what they will say. This thread is evidence of that in some ways.

Also, there is a good chance that Pac fights Cotto so if you consider what Floyd did as them really not being good then Pac should not get any credit for a Cotto fight either
                  Aside from some diehard PR fans who would like some revenge, and some Pinoy fanboys who accept pretty much anything Pac does, I dont think any real fan is looking forward to Pac/Cotto II. It's a pointless rematch! Not a good move for Cotto either. If he gets mauled by Pac again, there goes his shot to make a great matchup against JCC Jr or Canelo.

Comment

He trashes his opponents credentials even after he's signed to fight them so I see no issue here. Floyd vs Canelo May 5th.

Comment

Working...
                    X