No announcement yet.

what should i work towards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i work towards

im 5'6" and weigh 157 lbs. and im stocky and built but still have body fat that im trying to lose. but i was wondering for my size should i go for power or speed in boxing. any help is appreciated.

develope your style first, if you already have then what punch do you like throwing the most?

i have always liked for a fighter to use the jab with both offense and defense so i would work on this

and about weight just keep working out and running of course

Comment

To early to develop a style when you are learning basics. After you get in shape and learn the basics you will get your chance to try many styles and see what firs you best.

Big mistake some guys make is they don't try to learn basics and try to jump into build a "style" or focus on a strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ricecrispi
        To early to develop a style when you are learning basics. After you get in shape and learn the basics you will get your chance to try many styles and see what firs you best.

Big mistake some guys make is they don't try to learn basics and try to jump into build a "style" or focus on a strength.
        true...i was boxing for 4 months...pickin this **** up real fast...then all of the sudden my basics got sloppy because i was trying to throw fancy **** like fake and upjabs slip in up jabs...bunch of different stuff...now im back to normal jsut working on my fundamentals...took me a while ot pick out my style..depending on your fundamentals some things work for yo somethigns dont...lerarn the basics then figure out wich style you like

Comment

Speed AND power!

Comment

Working...
          X