No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spadafora vs. Frankel Early Results From Chester

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spadafora vs. Frankel Early Results From Chester

Roy Jones Jr. and TNT promotions presents Spadafora-Frankel, live from Chester, West Virginia. The event is headlined by undefeated former world champion Paul Spadafora in a fight versus Robert Frankel. This card will also feature Wilkins Santiago, Bill Hutchinson and Joey Holt. The event is being broadcast live only on GFL!!!! Order Now and Re-watch for life! [Click Here To Read More]

Paul is the only guy I know who's been in the business going on 20 years and really hasn't fought anyone... Unless you count Manfredy or Dorin lol

Comment

I think there was an agenda definitely behind keeping Spadafora out. Of course he only hurt himself by heading to jail and rehab and fighting alcoholism. But whenever he fought he always showed amazing skill. So yes he hurt his career but I also think he was never given a chance. I do believe that the knock on him is that he has no power but he's smart, is an excellent ring technician and knows what he can do and can't do and because of that he never fights to try to knock you out he has said he's no power puncher and won't be something he's not he's a boxer and will master his craft which I believe he has done. I do believe that there was some sort of blackball or whatever the case may be with Spadafora and the industry though. I could be wrong but that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
        So yes he hurt his career but I also think he was never given a chance.
        He was a world champion so I don't see how he wasn't given a chance. He screwed himself just when his career was peaking.

Still, it's good to see him making a comeback.

Comment

Picking up where he left off, getting decisions over journeyman and living off his infamous sparring session which generated a whole 5 fans.

Comment

Spaddy always could make the haterade flow....he is extremely talented. Hopefully he won't be ducked into oblivion.

Comment

I bet Floyd Mayweather is so jealous right now.

Comment

Been my favorite fight my whole life, nothing new here. Frankel is a journeyman, and a tough one, but that doesn't mean anything. Paul has slipped, I mean he is 37, but he still has some gas in the tank and there is a place for him in boxing. He is rated pretty high now by all the major sanctioning bodies, top 10 in a couple I believe.

Anyone saying he has never fought anyone good or decent probably hasn't been watching boxing long enough to even know the names on his resume. He has some solid wins, he operated at the world level for years. Paul at his very best was a master boxer, and someone who knew who he was as a fighter, and he covered all his bases well, he's a throwback fighter. Glad he is earning some checks again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He was a world champion so I don't see how he wasn't given a chance. He screwed himself just when his career was peaking.

Still, it's good to see him making a comeback.
                  Yes but after he came back is what I'm talking about its been years since then.

Comment

There has to be a market to cash in on a bloated 48-0 record. For christ sake, use the social media (Twitter, Facebook), leak some soundbites to Boxingscene to promote your record and call out anyone and everyone.

This is what Guerrero did. The guy was inactive for a year and irrelevant and people were talking about him and Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X