DUNDEE: Ortiz Beats Mayweather; Marquez Beats Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUNDEE: Ortiz Beats Mayweather; Marquez Beats Pacquiao

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...ather-pacquiao

Dundee offered his selections when asked about fights featuring WBC welterweight titleholder Victor Ortiz (29-2-2, 22 knockouts) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25 KOs), and, WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38 KOs) and WBA and WBO lightweight strap holder Juan Manuel Marquez (53-5-1, 39 KOs), respectively, on Sept. 17 and Nov. 12.

"Tough fight. But if I had a fighter to choose to fight against Mayweather, it would be one who fights like Ortiz. Result? Tough, split-decision. But Ortiz may be the winner," said Dundee.

"Marquez will give Pacquiao a tough fight every day that they're alive. Another tough fight, like I said. Probably Pacquiao's toughest fight, because Marquez is a guy who knows how to fight him. Decision, split, Marquez."

As far as a potential bout between Mayweather and Pacquiao?

"Mayweather wins. I just don't know why Mayweather's not fighting him," said Dundee. "He walks around saying that he's the best fighter in the world? Well, fight the sucker. I think that he beats Pacquiao."

he's been off the mark for some years now, I don't know how much attention he pays to fighters these days. I remember Oscar brought him in against Floyd too didn't he? Or was that against Pac? Not sure what he really offered

Comment

Ortiz has a much better chance a toppling Floyd than Marquez does against Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        he's been off the mark for some years now, I don't know how much attention he pays to fighters these days. I remember Oscar brought him in against Floyd too didn't he? Or was that against Pac? Not sure what he really offered
        yeah it was the pac fight and he is about as good as teddy atlas at picking fights

Comment

I disagree but i will not be disrespectful,the man is a living legend and i respect his opinion.

Comment

Ortiz has the style to possibly beat Mayweather, yet May beats Pac? Don't see how this makes sense.

Comment

Marquez twice didn't get a decision against pac even though he won so I don't see him getting a decision this time.
              Last edited by Rapid Counter; 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

He also picked Haye to beat Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  Ortiz has the style to possibly beat Mayweather, yet May beats Pac? Don't see how this makes sense.
                  Over 5000 posts and you don't realise that styles make fights. I don't see how that makes sense lol

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    I disagree but i will not be disrespectful,the man is a living legend and i respect his opinion.
                    this^^^^^^^^^^^well put

Comment

Working...
                    X