No announcement yet.

Olympic Testing should be used in every major sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Testing should be used in every major sport

I don't understand why everybody(Pacquiao fans) is against the Olympic testing.... Look, in every major sports, they are testing athletes sometimes during the day, or right before the event.

If you fear of being tested the same day of the fight, sorry, but it's a little suspicious. I'm doing track and field, I'm a sprinter, the sport is a lot more corrupted than boxing in term of doping.

But look, this year, we(Canadians people) had a hurdle runner in Priscilla Lopes-Schlopes who qualified for finals in World Athletics Championships, guess what. She was tested 10 minutes before the race! And she still won a silver medal.

Link: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2...431/story.html

I acknowledged that this was extreme BUT, I think that if you want a clean sport, you have to be willing to sacrifice 5 minutes or maybe 30 minutes maximum of your time to do some testing and helping the sport becoming cleaner.

One of my friends is running 200m and she's doing international competitions. When you're that good, you agree to being tested anytime. One day, she was sleeping, two guys came at 8 AM, and entered her home and they were waiting for her for testing. She has to give informations of where she is and where she'll go on a weekly basis.

Also, it won't necessairly be during fight night, it might be 14 days before fight night.

Anyways, just my 2 cents

Lance Armstrong also goes through test like this, and then goes on to do what he does. It does not affect you.

Comment

I agree, so many fighters are put at risk fighting against a steroid user, but it's only possible to tell after the fight. They should be tested before the fight.

Comment

Yup. And this shall be called...
        "The Floyd Mayweather Jr. ***** Move Law."
        Last edited by RepublicaEnemy1; 12-24-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Exactly, if you fear of being tested, you're mentally too weak...... It's a lot harder to go in the ring and put your life in danger than only taking a test for protecting the integrity of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
            I agree, so many fighters are put at risk fighting against a steroid user, but it's only possible to tell after the fight. They should be tested before the fight.
            Yeah, but sometimes, it takes LONG time for the results to come.

Comment

Originally posted by RepublicaEnemy1 View Post
              Yup. And this shall be called "The Floyd Mayweather Jr. ***** Move Law."
              I don't say that Floyd had to put this rule, he's not the president of the sport.... What I mean is there should be a rule for every olympic or major sport where you agree of being tested.

When you go to Olympics,do you think boxer get tested? Absolutely!
              Why isn't it the same thing when you become a professional??

Comment

Originally posted by sebspeed View Post
                I don't say that Floyd had to put this rule, he's not the president of the sport.... What I mean is there should be a rule for every olympic or major sport where you agree of being tested.

When you go to Olympics,do you think boxer get tested? Absolutely!
                Why isn't it the same thing when you become a professional??

I agree. They name those kind of stuff though. When something unprecedented happens in everything. In this case the sport of boxing and if this kindsof testing is implemented in other sport they'll realize Floyd started all this and I'm pretty sure they will name it... "The Floyd Mayweather ***** Move Law."

Comment

pac fans y dont u all just make a push to make streoids legal since u dont think athletes should be tested for them!!

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                    Lance Armstrong also goes through test like this, and then goes on to do what he does. It does not affect you.
                    Bull****. If you read Lance Armstrong's book he tells about a timeframe where he was subjected to drug testing at 4am 7 days in a row at one point and talked about how it affected his performance. It just never affected his overall point standings because the tour defrance consists of team and individual point standings and could afford to finish in the middle of the field if his other team members were in the lead.

Comment

Working...
                    X