Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have come to appreciate Duran and Leonard!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have come to appreciate Duran and Leonard!

I use to think Floyd was a complete different generation of fighter. with how technogoly has advanced in training camps. But Ive only seen duran vs leonard twice, hagler, and hearns so never appreciated him as more then another arturo gattin fire fighter, then just saw him against buchannon on espn classic and think hed be in floyds grill and could outwork him and that makes leonard looks better in his prime picking duran apart like he did.

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    I use to think Floyd was a complete different generation of fighter. with how technogoly has advanced in training camps. But Ive only seen duran vs leonard twice, hagler, and hearns so never appreciated him as more then another arturo gattin fire fighter, then just saw him against buchannon on espn classic and think hed be in floyds grill and could outwork him and that makes leonard looks better in his prime picking duran apart like he did.
    the stuff in the red i a little off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
      Before elevating Leonard over Duran let's not forget that he was comprehensively beaten in their first fight (despite giving an epic performance of his own). And this defeat had little to do with being outworked by a gatti-like slugger.

Duran outboxed Leonard. Pure and simple. Comparisons with Gatti are nonsensical. Duran could fight Floyd and Gatti at the same time - giving the former more problems than he's faced in the sum-total of his boxing career and probably killing the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
        Before elevating Leonard over Duran let's not forget that he was comprehensively beaten in their first fight (despite giving an epic performance of his own). And this defeat had little to do with being outworked by a gatti-like slugger.

Duran outboxed Leonard. Pure and simple. Comparisons with Gatti are nonsensical. Duran could fight Floyd and Gatti at the same time - giving the former more problems than he's faced in the sum-total of his boxing career and probably killing the latter.
        The first fight was the one with both in better shapes and Duran comprehensively beat Leonard...in the second Duran was out of shape...he really struggled to cut down on weight...it was a master plan from Leonard to call the fight at that time...but lets not demplish Duran...besides on the score cards before Duran quit he was not far behind or outclassed all that running and show off did not translate into points back then as it does now.

Comment

I'm trying really hard not to hold the part where you said you used to think Duran was a Gatti style slugger against you. You realize the error of thinking that now, that's good. It's not fair to judge Duran on his fights at 147 and higher, because he was not prime then.

Duran would be a nightmare for Floyd. He's so good at intelligent pressure, and so good inside, he would make Floyd fight his fight.

Comment

Yeah dont get me wrong I'm not saying him and gatti are at the same talent level. They just both liked to get it in! Bang it out.

Comment

Working...
            X