No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez vs Ameth Diaz Will Land in Guadalajara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez vs Ameth Diaz Will Land in Guadalajara

A site has finally been secured. IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez will return to his native Guadalajara to face mandatory challenger Ameth Diaz of Panama on the 21st of January at the Coliseo Olímpico de la U de G. Vazquez (29-3-0, 13 KOs) defends his title for the third time against a tough Diaz (30-10-0, 21 KOs), and the fight will be broadcast by TV Azteca. Diaz, meanwhile, has been Panama's national champion, and held several regional belts. In his most recent bout, last August, he knocked out Lenny Z in the fifth round of a final eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I expect another boxing clinic from Vázquez.

Comment

Arum's praying that Miguel loses the title so one of his more exciting title holders can pick-up the title.

Comment

People underestimate Diaz, who is also a very good boxer-puncher. I still think Miguel will pull out a close UD, but Cloroformo is going to make him work for it.

If Diaz won though it wouldnt shock me either, but considering Vazquez is the champ and its in Mexico, ill give the benefit to the champ who usually adjusts very will in the ring and should make a defense. After this id like to see Vazquez-DeMarco in a unification or Vazquez vs Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Arum's praying that Miguel loses the title so one of his more exciting title holders can pick-up the title.
          Miguel is promoted by Zanfer Promotions. Not Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
            Could have sworn I saw Bob talking about matching Antillion with his champ Miguel Vazquez after the Soto-Antillion fight.

Comment

Could have sworn I saw Bob talking about matching Antillion with his champ Miguel Vazquez after the Soto-Antillion fight.
              Top Rank and Zanfer Promotions work with each other a lot. But I don't think Bob Arum cares about Miguel to tell you the truth.

Comment

After a little more research you are correct.

I guess that's why he hasn't got a big fight.

Zanfer must have a friendly relationship with Top Rank seeing as MV has been on more then a few of there undercards.

Comment

Top Rank and Zanfer Promotions work with each other a lot. But I don't think Bob Arum cares about Miguel to tell you the truth.
                  Agreed. He's a spoiler. Rios-Vazquez never happens.

Comment

Agreed. He's a spoiler. Rios-Vazquez never happens.
                    Yeah he is and could make Rios look very bad because he is crafty and difficult to hit cleanly once he has his man timed.

Comment

Working...
                    X