Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official cruiserweight thread. Will be updated regularly.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official cruiserweight thread. Will be updated regularly.

Hardcore fans only need apply! Although I don't see how people can call themselves real boxing fans and say "that division is pointless," or "I don't follow that division."

Of all the recent weight classes added, CW was the most necessary, and essential. It's a huge jump from 175, to unlimited heavyweight.

This is one of the best weightclasses right now in regards to potential match ups.

I will be updating this thread regularly (at least once a month) with the current champions, upcoming fights, and any news. Very similar to FREEEEEEEDOM'S heavyweight thread.

Here is my top ten (champs denoted with asterisk):

1.) Yoan Pablo Hernandez*
    2.) Denis Lebedev
    3.) Marco Huck*
    4.) Ola Afolabi
    5.) Krzysztof Wlodarczyk*
    6.) Mateusz Masternak
    7.) Guillermo Jones*
    8.) Rahkim Chakhiev
    9.) Antonio Tarver
    10.) Troy Ross

6 more who could be here soon (or could argue belong instead of some names I listed): Pawel Kolodziej, Dmytro Kucher, Lateef kayode, Alexander Alekseev Danny Green, BJ Flores.

NOTE: Eddie Chambers mentioned he was going to return to CW. But that was a while back after the Adamek fight, and I haven't heard anything recently. . .

He would be inserted somewhere around 5-7 in the rankings should it be made official.

Comment

Good thread.

I made this one after you asked me to:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=569888

But yours is better if you update it with the upcoming important CW fights.

Comment

Nice Pug! The Cruiserweight division has always been my favorite, because if i was a pro that would be the division i would fight in (i fought as a heavyweight in the amateurs) and there has been some very good fights in this division. I was hooked when i saw "The Real Deal" clean out the Cruisers on free tv in the mid 80's when the limit was 190.

Comment

always liked this division and SHO used to do a decent job of showcasing it

I have no clue how Guillermo Jones looks these days but I'm still kinda looking forward to that Lebedev fight because he did have some natural ability when he was active - one of those guys who doesn't keep in shape but can just show up and beat you because he has natural talent. Not a great fight on paper for Lebedev, he's been fighting old guys lately...but I guess at the very least Jones should have less ring wear than RJJ and Toney

Comment

Yeah good thread but what's up with Ross at 10? How did you have YPH Ross?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              Hardcore fans only need apply! Although I don't see how people can call themselves real boxing fans and say "that division is pointless," or "I don't follow that division."

Of all the recent weight classes added, CW was the most necessary, and essential. It's a huge jump from 175, to unlimited heavyweight.

This is one of the best weightclasses right now in regards to potential match ups.

I will be updating this thread regularly (at least once a month) with the current champions, upcoming fights, and any news. Very similar to FREEEEEEEDOM'S heavyweight thread.

Here is my top ten (champs denoted with asterisk):

1.) Yoan Pablo Hernandez*
              2.) Denis Lebedev
              3.) Marco Huck*
              4.) Ola Afolabi
              5.) Krzysztof Wlodarczyk*
              6.) Mateusz Masternak
              7.) Guillermo Jones*
              8.) Rahkim Chakhiev
              9.) Antonio Tarver
              10.) Troy Ross

6 more who could be here soon (or could argue belong instead of some names I listed): Pawel Kolodziej, Dmytro Kucher, Lateef kayode, Alexander Alekseev Danny Green, BJ Flores.
              Good list, only thing is I'd have Ross above Tarver. Good thread idea too Pug.

Comment

Hernandez is still crowned thanks to his backyard boogie in Germany. Troy Ross should be higher in that ten list. Looking forward to staying up to date with this underrated division, thx.

Comment

Good cruiserweight fight tomorrow, Dmytro Kucher vs. Steve Herelius:

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/fight/4...Steve-Herelius

Here is the Kiev, Ukraine card tomorrow:

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=654068

Comment

My second favorite division behind Heavyweight.

Cruiserweight is so underrated. Plenty of good fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X