No announcement yet.

What are some good feints?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some good feints?

I am known as a body puncher, so what are some good basic feints? Tell me if these feints all make sense, the punch i come back with.

Fake jab to body, and come with jab to head?
    Fake jab to body and come with right to head?
    Fake Jab to head and come with right to body?
    Fake right to the body, right to the head?

What else should i do after fake rights, how abotu a fake right to head...then what?

Any good basic ones would really help me.

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
    I am known as a body puncher, so what are some good basic feints? Tell me if these feints all make sense, the punch i come back with.

What else should i do after fake rights, how abotu a fake right to head...then what?

I like Eye, Head, Hands, Waist, and Foot feints. I also like to combine some of them.

I don't think it's so much the feints... It's how and when you use them. (See Juan Manuel Marquez he's a subtle feint artist) A lot of amateurs today do these huge foot feints.

You should think of boxing as a 12 round fight in terms of building your attack. Don't give it all away in the 1st round. Set it up

Comment

If you like to work the body, try feinting with a jab-step.

Will get you closer while he covers up and allow you to lay into his body afterwards.

Comment

touch the guys glove with your left like you was throwing a left hook, but dont really throw it. just tap him and make him take his hands up then rip him with a left hook to the liver instead.

throw a jab, feint a straight right and throw a left hook to the body. make sure that at the same time as your right comes out step to the left with your left foot to put yourslef in position for the hook, then let it go. you could put the right hand all the way into his guard to blind him if you want to.

if someone is coming in trying to slip your jab throw one high so he ducks down, then rip a right upercut as he leans right into it. dont commit to the jab, throw it just enough to get a reaction. beware to bring it back fast though, if you leave it out there and he comes over the top with a right hand he could beat you to the punch and knock your lights out.

fake a jab, then throw a short left uppercut and a big right hand behind it. the uppercut shouldnt be a big punch, almost more like an up jab than an uppercut acctually. just find that angle from underneath, knock his chin into the air and then knock him silly with the big right cross behind it.

good luck

Comment

any feint that makes your opponent commit is good. you just have to look for the openings made and get your fists there quickly. Also, be sure to be looking for shots coming back after you feint. It's a lost art..............Rockin'

Comment

I preface that I'm just an amateur and not even that good. Nor I am English so I don't know if I'll be able to find the rights words. I'll try anyway.

There's one spectacular but dangerous faint I've been doing when I sparred with a southpaw: southpaws as you know come jabbing at you with their right hand, so while doing that they might leave the right side of their chin uncovered. Something you can do to respond to a southpaw's jab is to absorb it with the back of your left glove well placed on your left temple, while crouching slightly on your right side (like in "bobbing and weaving", you know): that crouched position you're in is perfect to load a right uppercut to the body: so, fake that right uppercut to the body and go for the left hook to the head.
            Remember, while you're throwing the left hook, to keep your left shoulder very high to protect the left side of your chin (your chin has to disappear into your left shoulder): because if you miss, the opponent will most certainly hit you with his right hook.
            Also, keep your right hand high on your right temple while you're throwing that left hook, or you'll run into a southpaw's left uppercut...
            Last but not least: after you've thrown your left hook, remember to get immediately back in guard, don't remain on your feet. Be elastic.

As I said that's pretty dangerous as a faint, but it's quite spectacular because it's unexpected, and if it lands it will most certainly hurt your opponent or leave him a little "intimidated". It's almost Tyson-like: bob and weave -> slip a right hand -> go for the right to the body -> left to the head.

I hope my two cents are well spent Sorry if my English is not perfect.
            Last edited by Nick Name; 01-06-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I like the feint Floyd uses when he feints a jab high and goes downstairs with it. Then he starts screwing with them and will jab upstairs foreal or turn it over as a hook.
              Then after a few rounds here comes the lead rights

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNiBTuTj3Jc

Comment

Working...
                X