No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Disputes DeGale Statement on Frank Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Disputes DeGale Statement on Frank Warren

WBA junior welterweight champion Amir Khan took notice of a recent statement that was made by once-beaten super middleweight, James DeGale. The Olympic gold medal winner made a comment regarding the job that his promoter, Frank Warren, was able to do by resurrecting Khan's career after his 2008 knockout loss to Breidis Prescott. DeGale, who recently lost the first fight of his career against George Groves, will face Poland’s Piotr Wilczewski for the European title in September.

[Click Here To Read More]

Any half-decent promoter could have lined up Khan a title shot, even after his defeat. His Olympic success guaranteed him fame. Warren just steered the Khan vehicle. Khan was the engine.

If Khan was promoted properly, and brought along against tough opponents early on in his career instead of the soft touches he was fed, he probably wouldn't have that loss to Prescott.

Warren slightly hindered Khan's career more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
      Any half-decent promoter could have lined up Khan a title shot, even after his defeat. His Olympic success guaranteed him fame. Warren just steered the Khan vehicle. Khan was the engine.

If Khan was promoted properly, and brought along against tough opponents early on in his career instead of the soft touches he was fed, he probably wouldn't have that loss to Prescott.

Warren slightly hindered Khan's career more than anything.
      I agree with this. There is no question the early fights were too easy and hindered Khan's development. However there is no question the 3 fights after the devastating loss to Prescott was an easy route to the a title and Warren had a big hand in it. ***an was a nothing confidence builder fight, Barrera was a good fight and IMO the ref was in Warren's pocket. The fight should have been stopped earlier but was allowed to continue IMO so that Khan would get his win in stead of a no contest. I have no doubt Warren fiddled it there but also have no doubt that Khan would have won the fight anyway. Warren did a good job jumping the Q to get at Kotelnik. I think Salita was mandatory at the time and Kotelnik would have beaten him but I am not sure where Khan fitted in as mandatory after that. But Warren did set up a very easy path to the title. BTW I can't stand Fwank but I am calling it as I see it.

Comment

I must be one of Warren's biggest critics about the way he slates fighters who leave him - I'ld even go as far as calling him a sheep-5hagger but you've got to give credit where credit is due. There is not a promoter in the world who can get flawed fighters title shots they don't deserve. The way he got Khan a title through ***an and a shot to pieces Barrera was masterful. At the end of the day Khan is a world champion but he wouldn't be the fighter he is today if Warren hadn't protected him on his way up.

Comment

warren is a cvnt but khan is a bigger cvnt warren enable him to get fights with barrea and then against kotelnik warren did fantastic and he deserves his just due

Comment

Working...
          X