Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto vs. Canelo happened on CBS what kind of tv ratings would it generate??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cotto vs. Canelo happened on CBS what kind of tv ratings would it generate??

I am just curious as to if this fight landed on National Television in America what kind of tv ratings it would pull. There are over 52 million people of Hispanic descent in America and they would have a massive contingency of that demographic watching the fight plus the african american demographic and sports fans I think it can really draw a huge number if it was on CBS.

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
    If Cotto vs. Canelo happened on CBS what kind of tv ratings would it generate??
    Obviously if Prickchard Schaefer got Cotto that shlt would be on PPV.

Comment

Of course it will get plenty views but I do no not see it happening

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        Obviously if Prickchard Schaefer got Cotto that shlt would be on PPV.
        What if they decided to break that ppv format just once. That event would be massive.

Comment

high ratings for sure. Maybe highest boxing's ever gotten

Golden boy + Top rank partnerships dont happen in boxing though.

they don't share well
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-25-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Can they afford the purses of both Canelo and Cotto with no pay per view revenues?

I can't see how that event isn't on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
              high ratings for sure. Maybe highest boxing's ever gotten

Golden boy vs Top rank partnerships dont happen in boxing though.

they don't share well
              Umm what? Cotto is a free agent. How do you think he got the fight with Floyd?

Cotto nor Mayweather are with Top Rank

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Can they afford the purses of both Canelo and Cotto with no pay per view revenues?

I can't see how that event isn't on PPV.
                No they probably can not and I am not even saying this is a possibility I would just be very interested as too see what kind of ratings Boxing can pull on free tv and I think it would be amazing for Boxing to put these types of fights on free tv for the general audience to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  What if they decided to break that ppv format just once. That event would be massive.
                  It would.

But we all know Prickchard Schaefer and Bob Arum and Gary Shaw and Lou DiFatso are far too greedy to give up the huge marquee PPV $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    It would.

But we all know Prickchard Schaefer and Bob Arum and Gary Shaw and Lou DiFatso are far too greedy to give up the huge marquee PPV $$$.
                    yep, goes for any big fighter as well.

what they need to do is think outside of the box and figure away to get real sponsors involved putting up real good money. That's the only way big named fighters will ever be on primetime TV again. Otherwise it will be C and maybe B level fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X