Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what will it take for boxing fans to raise hell over decisions like yesterdays?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what will it take for boxing fans to raise hell over decisions like yesterdays?

I mean, what will it take? What will it take for us fans to finally say, "that's it! I'm not supporting the sport ANYMORE! I'm tired of being bamboozled out of my hard earned money with fixed fights!" ???

Because as far as I'm concerned, for a lot of fans, that has already happened in the last year quite a few times. Seems like we just don't mind it enough to speak up or take action. I think a lot of people were truly disappointed with the Pacquiao-Marquez decision and feel like disgruntled fans after it. But what about Williams-Lara? Or last nights atrocity?

My two questions are;

1. What will it take? Are the fans, commentators and journalist finally going to speak out when Mayweather loses to Pacquiao or vice versa in a super dee duper gift decision that's so blatantly clear like last nights? Like, would it have to take a huge platform/match like that for people to wake up?

2. What can we actually and reasonably do about it? I mean, it's just one more sport in the industry. And I find it hard to think that people will stop ordering ppv's being that boxing is such a limited televised sport. When there's an opportunity to catch it, it's difficult for us fans to not watch. We can't like, Occupy Top Rank.....can we?

What say you, Non Stop Boxers?

imagine if they both robbed PAC and Floyd next?

Comment

Support the robbed, don't support the robbers. Not much we can do about promoters being corrupt, they always have been, but the reason fighters like Rios get gifts is because people pay to see them. So stop paying to see them. That's about our only option.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        imagine if they both robbed PAC and Floyd next?
        Miguel Cotto and Tim Bradley have to be feeling like sh** right now. They know they basically have no chance of winning a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Miguel Cotto and Tim Bradley have to be feeling like sh** right now. They know they basically have no chance of winning a decision.

it's a good thing bud...the silver lining in this debacle

now both Timmy and Cotto have to drop that angle in winning and just go balls out in their fights

you give a fighter a KO or Bust mentality and you're guaranteed excitement

Comment

1. Commentators and journalists will never scream "that's it". They think they protect the sport by saying essentially, "it is what it is". They cannot "right a wrong" since they think it's wrong to even imply that there is something wrong. Of course, there are exceptions.

2. Fans can write to the Commissions. Or they can just either boycott, stream, or even worse, don't pay for a boxing PPV from a promotion that is all about fixing, and buying the PPV from the competition (whether that means another promotional company, or a different, competing sport, like MMA).

Money is SPEECH.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
              So what will it take for boxing fans to raise hell over decisions like yesterdays??
              Uhhhh this has been a part of boxing since the beginning of time. It was 10,000,000,000,000x worse when the mafia, crime syndicates, don king, etc. were (more) involved.

And let's be honest, if JMM had a bad night and somehow got outboxed by Fedchenko, Fedchencko would have been robbed too.

This has always been a part of boxing and it's a part of MMA and Ice Figure Skating and the Olympics and any sport where it's ----> SUBJECTIVE <----.

If you don't want to be robbed, then Orlando Salido the F*** up and take the decision away from the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                it's a good thing bud...the silver lining in this debacle

now both Timmy and Cotto have to drop that angle in winning and just go balls out in their fights

you give a fighter a KO or Bust mentality and you're guaranteed excitement
                That's fine for Cotto, but Tim could spend 12 rounds bouncing his hardest right hand shots off Pacquiao and never knock him down.

I guess that's what the paycheck is for.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  That's fine for Cotto, but Tim could spend 12 rounds bouncing his hardest right hand shots off Pacquiao and never knock him down.

I guess that's what the paycheck is for.

i dont expect timmy to last in a 12 round slugfest...but it should would be fun to watch

BTW- wasn't 24/7 last night? you know this robbery is a serious thing when the floyd f@gs are talkin about this instead of what Floyd was eating at his house

Comment

I will say what I said in the other thread, the Nevada commission is ok if they are dealing with just imcompetence. However if it is something nefarious there is no way NSAC is up to the task because they will have to out themselves in wrong doing and they have it to good with boxing to really be trusted to do that.

The F.B.I. would need to be who you would send e-mails to because that is who deals with large scale corruption, now what are the chances they step up to plate and do something not great but if no one goes to them they are certain to do nothing and the more people that flood them the more likely they are to take a peak.

Getting suspended doesn't scare anyone, but if some dudes start getting looked at from the F.B.I. and face possible prison time that will make old white men think twice~
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-15-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X