No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Kirkland Overwhelms Angulo in Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Kirkland Overwhelms Angulo in Power

Bombs away Herman! Junior middleweight James Kirkland survived an early knockdown to outland the game Alfredo Angulo 131-24 in power shots over the next five rounds. 77% of their combined landed punches were power shots (216 of 286). Kirkland avg’d 101 punches thrown in rounds one thru five. [Click Here To Read More]

Damn. Kirkland Margarito'd him.

Comment

I like how "angulo punched himself out" in the first round but kirkland threw more than 30 punches than he did. So if that's true that's why you have to be in great condition. Step it up angulo! James threw over a hundred punches a round, never punched himself out.

Comment

I know i might get call out for this, but these guys looked as slow as HW Boxers. Heck, I've seen HW boxers throws punches at much faster pace than those two thrown their punches. However, the fight was one of the best fights of the year{which are rare}.

Comment

What a freaking pace!!

Incredible.

Comment

So far my favorite fight of the year! As soon as I said if Kirkland loses this fight his career is over, it was as if he heard me through the boob tube and turned everything around. You can't teach or train someone to have heart.

Comment

Kirkland went HAM on Angulo, pulled out the Voorhees machete and was swinging that **** like it was Halloween lol, it felt like Angulo threw more punches in that first round tbh, i thought he threw closer to 100 punches.

Comment

The fight was awesome...but I think I'm getting a little carried away with naming it a fight of the year.

I just watched it again and it was really a beating for most of the fight. Angulo was fighting back, but Kirkland's explosiveness was snapping Angulo's head back all over the place. Angulo landed some of his punches but Angulo's face was getting smashed up and turning into a bloody mess.

I'd say it gets nominated for Fight of the Year simply because both fighters are big at 154 and because of the upset factor alone.

I think we're all just overwhelmed at the way it happened. I don't think people ever envisioned Angulo getting beat up like that for so long and so brutally and being stopped like THAT.

LMAO@ at Kellerman shaking his head before going over to Lampley to close the broadcast.

Oh, my God...this fight made my night.

I pissed off my dad and he came here screaming: "God dammit, what's your problem?! Chill out!"

I was screaming loudly at the TV. I get too carried away when watching these type of fights.

Comment

idk, i think i might have berto vs ortiz as fight of the year

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                    The fight was awesome...but I think I'm getting a little carried away with naming it a fight of the year.

I just watched it again and it was really a beating for most of the fight. Angulo was fighting back, but Kirkland's explosiveness was snapping Angulo's head back all over the place. Angulo landed some of his punches but Angulo's face was getting smashed up and turning into a bloody mess.

I'd say it gets nominated for Fight of the Year simply because both fighters are big at 154 and because of the upset factor alone.

I think we're all just overwhelmed at the way it happened. I don't think people ever envisioned Angulo getting beat up like that for so long and so brutally and being stopped like THAT.

LMAO@ at Kellerman shaking his head before going over to Lampley to close the broadcast.

Oh, my God...this fight made my night.

I pissed off my dad and he came here screaming: "God dammit, what's your problem?! Chill out!"

I was screaming loudly at the TV. I get too carried away when watching these type of fights.

You live with your parents? How old are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X