No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. Believes He Can Surpass His father

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. Believes He Can Surpass His father

Chris Eubank Jr, the son of the former world champion, believes he can be even better than his father after winning on his professional debut. The 21-year-old middleweight stopped Lithuanian Kirilas Psonko in the fourth round on the undercard of Tyson Fury's Commonwealth title defense last Saturday.

[Click Here To Read More]

He's going to be exciting to follow. Now we just need another Nigel Benn, Watson, Mike, TOney and Jones.

Comment

We possibly have Eubank, Groves & Degale to look forward to, although not a fan of Degale at all, think he is soft and the weakest of the bunch.

Comment

I was really impressed with him on Saturday, I'm delighted that he has his father's swagger and charisma. He certainly seems to have the handspeed, combinations and physique of his father too. If he has inherited his father's chin and keeps his focus he'll be a real force.

I'd wondered if he would come out to Tina Turner's 'Simply the best'. Some will say that he needs to find his own identity, but not me. It was great, just like the old Eubank days.

I've not been as excited about a prospect in years, I really hope he goes on to do good things. Surpassing his father is a tough ask, Chris snr seemed to be having world title fights every few weeks back in the early 90s. Looking back, the only thing he missed was a defining fight with a world class American opponent. But Chris Eubank is certainly a British legend.

Comment

You cant be sure of somebody after just 1 fight but i really liked how Chris Jr. fought. I will follow him with pleasure.

Comment

Apparently C5 got 3.5m viewers for the Eubank and Fury fights.

Comment

Eubank jr looked good on Saturday but the level of opposition was very poor and you can expect the same for the next two years.

He will be tested more in sparring in next two years than he will in his fights.

Trying to copy his dad too much also, could be his downfall.

Comment

my friend boxed hand him in the harringate cup in london a few months ago and said he definately is talented.....i didnt get a chance to see his pro fight though

Comment

Eubank Jr. looks like he has a lot of potential. He has some things he has to work on, which is normal and we'll have to see if he can take a good shot but he looks like he has speed, decent power, good movement and a good punch arsenal. If he can take a good shot, he might be one to look out for in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X