Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters Who Were Tough but Easily Frustrated or Discouraged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters Who Were Tough but Easily Frustrated or Discouraged?

The only variable that counts for the majority of fans when assessing heart is toughness, but what about determination and perseverance?

Who are some impatient fighters that were easily frustrated then discouraged?

Manny pacquiao he gets frustrated very easy. Still wins most of the time but it happens.

Chad Dawson

Mike Tyson later part of his career

Comment

Victor Ortiz.

Inevitably someone will say Sonny Liston, but I think there was something going on with the Clay fights. He took a fight to decision with his jaw broken, earlier in his career.

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      Manny pacquiao he gets frustrated very easy. Still wins most of the time but it happens.
      Good call.

He got visibly frustrated against Marquez and Morales in the first fight, plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        Victor Ortiz.

Inevitably someone will say Sonny Liston, but I think there was something going on with the Clay fights. He took a fight to decision with his jaw broken, earlier in his career.

Good call.

He got visibly frustrated against Marquez and Morales in the first fight, plenty.
        I can't think of a better example than frontrunning Victor Ortiz. Well except for maybe Andrew Golota.

Comment

Ortiz is easily frustrated and discouraged, but don't you guys think he's lacking in the toughness department?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I can't think of a better example than frontrunning Victor Ortiz. Well except for maybe Andrew Golota.
            Interesting one.

Sometimes Golota just seemed bat**** insane though, rather than frustrated or discouraged. He was beating Bowe pretty handily, then he just sort of... I don't know?

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Ortiz is easily frustrated and discouraged, but don't you guys think he's lacking in the toughness department?
            Depends what you mean by tough, I guess.

Comment

Ricardo Mayorga and Oliver McCall come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Interesting one.

Sometimes Golota just seemed bat**** insane though, rather than frustrated or discouraged. He was beating Bowe pretty handily, then he just sort of... I don't know?
                From all accounts Golota became frustrated for whatever reason. He proved it wasn't a fluke later when he quit while ahead on points against Michael Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  From all accounts Golota became frustrated for whatever reason. He proved it wasn't a fluke later when he quit while ahead on points against Michael Grant.
                  Lest we forget the time he had to bite the motherfucker.

Comment

Tyson. Golota and McCall were just headcases. Mayorga was discouraged, but also a douche.

Comment

Working...
                    X