Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlad: "Haye Can Get In Freakin Line"

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...k/boxingjune18

New quotes from Wlad on the whole Haye fiasco:

"No Chelsea Stadium and then no David Haye," said Klitschko, who hasn't fought since a one-sided seventh-round knockout of former champion Hasim Rahman in December. "I don't want to blame David Haye or kick him while he is on the floor, but right now I am very disappointed about David Haye. There were a lot of promises. I didn't fight in March or April because of him. Then he was supposed to deliver Chelsea Stadium and he couldn't deliver that. And the injury happened, which can happen to anyone. Then came his request to get the fight a few weeks later and I would have to reorganize everything. A lot of work. Then afterwards he says in the media we have to postpone four weeks and then several weeks. It was totally disappointing his postponing and not delivering. We still have no official report from the doctor [about Haye's back].

"Who the f--- is David Haye that I have to wait for him or postpone fights? So I just move on."

Klitschko didn't sound like he was in the mood to consider Haye as a challenger in the near future, either.

"There are heavyweights fighting their way up to become mandatory," Klitschko said. "This guy comes from nowhere and he hasn't fought anyone in the heavyweight division but Monte Barrett. Now I say to Haye, 'Get in freakin' line and deserve the chance to fight for the heavyweight title.'"

Sorry Dave. Have fun fighting some actual contenders.
    Last edited by Klitschko2011; 06-19-2009, 05:08 PM.

Finally, this is what I want to hear from the heavyweight champion of world!...

Comment

I doubt the champ would say "fuck". He's too much of a gentleman.

Comment

thank you wlad..a lil ghetto is always good.."who the **** is david haye" lmfao... 2morrow we get a linear champ..thats whats up

Comment

Wlad the mandatory man.

Comment

Source.......?

Comment

Honestly. This is seeming more and more like Wladimir was looking for a reason to dismiss Haye. The injury just gave him the out.

Comment

I can't disagree with wlad on this one.there was alot of promises not delivered on Hayes part.he talked his way to a title fight but I guess karma hit haye below the belt...guess you will have to actually beat some contenders now.it's not a bad thing for the fans because haye will have to be more active & that should bring us a couple more decent fights.like him or hate him we all will now see if he is for real or just another hype job.before we all start carving him let's give him a chance to prove himself.maybe this is a good thing.we get to see more of his fights.in hindsight this could also backfire on wlad because if haye does win some big fights he will be much better prepared for wlad than he is now.time will tell.regardless now there is another name of interest who may bring us some exciting fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                  Source.......?
                  LOL @ that avatar!!!!

Comment

Even though I don't like him much, I don't disagree with him being angry at haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X