No announcement yet.

If Alvarez beats Austin Trout.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Alvarez beats Austin Trout.....

Now that it seems Alvarez vs Trout is official for May 4th, I have a question.

IF, and it's a big IF, Alvarez beats Trout on May 4th, where does that place Mayweather-Alvarez on the hype/mega fight/legitimate fight scale???

I'd say if Alvarez pulls off beating Trout, it becomes the super fight in boxing or at the very least a very very big fight.

A win would really elevate Canelo, no question about it.

Comment

It wouldn't be a super fight until Canelo is like 10 years in the game, he still just making his name here in the US. When Super fights happen, they transcend all sports. It will sell and have a nice buy rate but it's not going to capture the imagination of the masses. Super fight to me though.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

To validate a Mayweather/Canelo match-up, he most definitely needs to convincingly beat Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Now that it seems Alvarez vs Trout is official for May 4th, I have a question.

IF, and it's a big IF, Alvarez beats Trout on May 4th, where does that place Mayweather-Alvarez on the hype/mega fight/legitimate fight scale???

I'd say if Alvarez pulls off beating Trout, it becomes the super fight in boxing or at the very least a very very big fight.
          I'd say it becomes the biggest fight in the sport to be made. Whether it deserves that moniker or not, I don't know. The winner will be the most legit threat to him other than Martinez at 154

Comment

Big fight and one i hope Mayweather doesnt duck, even if its trout that comes out on top

Comment

it's not a superfight now, i dont know how it would be a superfight all of a sudden if canelo beats trout...

it would only mean canelo deserves a floyd fight then...

Comment

if if if if.......................

always if with canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  A win would really elevate Canelo, no question about it.
                  x2 4567890

Comment

If it is a CLEAN and Impressive Win then that makes the fight Huge...not sure about a "SUPER FIGHT"

When I say clean I am talking Controversial Free, not some type of BS Robbery Oscar De La Hoya vs Felix Sturm BS Decision just to make sure that the Canelo vs Mayweather happens in September which I could really see happening

but at the same time if Trout schools Canelo then that makes Mayweather vs Trout a big fight as well because you would be talking about a fighter that would be coming off of wins over Cotto and Canelo then September you could come back with Mayweather vs Trout and Canelo vs Cotto type of Card in September, Canelo is very young so even if he was to lose to Trout you would still have plenty of time to build him back up
                    Last edited by sicko; 02-15-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X