Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan and Ortiz are gonna divide and conquer: GBP's master plan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan and Ortiz are gonna divide and conquer: GBP's master plan...

I honestly see these two fighters (Ortiz and Khan) building up to future fights with Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander which will happen by the end of this year or the beginning of the next. Amir Khan is set to face Casamayor in July before Ramedan takes place, and Team Ortiz is working on setting up a rematch with Maidana in mid to late august. Maidana will have no choice but to face Ortiz again. The reason why I say this is because Bradley is set to fight Abregu in July, Alexander is set to face Koltelnik, and Khan has a fight set up with Casamayor. There will be no excuse for Maidana not to take this fight, because his back injury should be cured by that time as well. I honestly see a conspiracy about this whole thing. Maybe Khan is just doing business and doesn't want to face Maidana to allow Victor Ortiz to have the opportunity to redeem himself? I think GBP has business meetings with both Khan and Ortiz to get both their careers on the go. GBP is going to let Ortiz and Khan divide and conquer 140 and possibly do the same at 147. It's the perfect plot to start milking money out of their cash cows. I can see Ortiz and Khan splitting the belts amongst themselves. At the semi finals of this 140 pound unoficial tournament we will see Khan vs Bradley and Ortiz vs Alexander and winners meet up to unite the belts, but knowing GBP they might have Ortiz and Khan get more resume padding before going on with a PPV in this match up. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    I honestly see these two fighters (Ortiz and Khan) building up to future fights with Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander which will happen by the end of this year or the beginning of the next. Amir Khan is set to face Casamayor in July before Ramedan takes place, and Team Ortiz is working on setting up a rematch with Maidana in mid to late august. Maidana will have no choice but to face Ortiz again. The reason why I say this is because Bradley is set to fight Abregu in July, Alexander is set to face Koltelnik, and Khan has a fight set up with Casamayor. There will be no excuse for Maidana not to take this fight, because his back injury should be cured by that time as well. I honestly see a conspiracy about this whole thing. Maybe Khan is just doing business and doesn't want to face Maidana to allow Victor Ortiz to have the opportunity to redeem himself? I think GBP has business meetings with both Khan and Ortiz to get both their careers on the go. GBP is going to let Ortiz and Khan divide and conquer 140 and possibly do the same at 147. It's the perfect plot to start milking money out of their cash cows. I can see Ortiz and Khan splitting the belts amongst themselves. At the semi finals of this 140 pound unoficial tournament we will see Khan vs Bradley and Ortiz vs Alexander and winners meet up to unite the belts, but knowing GBP they might have Ortiz and Khan get more resume padding before going on with a PPV in this match up. Your thoughts?

you talking about ortiz? the same ortiz that quit against maidana?

you think that quitter is gonna take over?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

you think khan getting knocked the **** out by a bum in going to take over? do you think anyone thought pacquiao was going to be p4p#1 after getting rocked twice?

Comment

If this tournament actually goes ahead it would liven the light welterweigh division and give the boxing fans what they deserve. Good, high quality fights. I see Khan-Devon in the finals personally with Devon unifying the division.

Ortiz im not too sure about. He looks like that Maidana loss has taken his soul away or something. I cant explain it. A rematch would be good but Khan need to give Maidana his shot. He's the mandatory, simple as.

I can understand what you mean by divide and conquer though, and it does make sense, but, it wont happen in my opinion. Everyone of them needs to get the same ass pay check and thats when **** will be good.

With one asking for more money than the other, it'll never reach the tourney stage.

Comment

Bradley or Devon couldn't last within those 6 rounds in Ortiz Maidana 1

Comment

Ortiz and Khan are GBP's 2 rising stars. Ortiz is going to fight another washed up name to put on his resume, not Maidana. Maidana beat that ass the entire fight and made Ortiz quit. If Ortiz didn't quit he wouldve been Ko'd.

Is Khan fighting Casamayor? Dangerous opponent, but past his prime. As far as I know, Khan is going to England to have a title defense. It wont be against anyone dangerous.

Neither Khan or Ortiz are ready for Bradley or Alexander.

Zab Judah is going to be on the comeback trail too.

I see the 140 division split in 3 sections. 1. Alexander and Bradley are the kings, pretty untouchable by anyone but each other right now

2. You have guys like Urango, Maidana, Peterson. Big tests for anyone before they fight Alexander or Bradley

3. You have Khan, Ortiz, Judah, Maibuza. Up and coming names that in time will be dangerous for the top 2 tiers.

I don't think both Khan and Ortiz will live up to the hype. If I had to choose one, its Khan but he is going to keep fighting tailor made opponents till Bradley and Alexander lose some steam.

Comment

panda thinks this is plausible too

people be dissin ortiz just because he quit yet before that fight most people on this board were on his bandwagon

hes not shot, he drew a crowd of 10,000 people against an unknown maidana and made it an exciting fight so this kid has drawing power he just needs to rematch maidana or fight one or two other top 10 opponents to dust himself off and pick up where he left off

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                If this tournament actually goes ahead it would liven the light welterweigh division and give the boxing fans what they deserve. Good, high quality fights. I see Khan-Devon in the finals personally with Devon unifying the division.

Ortiz im not too sure about. He looks like that Maidana loss has taken his soul away or something. I cant explain it. A rematch would be good but Khan need to give Maidana his shot. He's the mandatory, simple as.

I can understand what you mean by divide and conquer though, and it does make sense, but, it wont happen in my opinion. Everyone of them needs to get the same ass pay check and thats when **** will be good.

With one asking for more money than the other, it'll never reach the tourney stage.
                what i mean by divide amd conquer is that bot khan and ortiz will go seperate ways to unite the belts...but Khan isnt fighting in the fall amd maidana has a back injury so ortiz is the only open guy

Comment

Originally posted by robboxing View Post
                  Ortiz and Khan are GBP's 2 rising stars. Ortiz is going to fight another washed up name to put on his resume, not Maidana. Maidana beat that ass the entire fight and made Ortiz quit. If Ortiz didn't quit he wouldve been Ko'd.

Is Khan fighting Casamayor? Dangerous opponent, but past his prime. As far as I know, Khan is going to England to have a title defense. It wont be against anyone dangerous.

Neither Khan or Ortiz are ready for Bradley or Alexander.

Zab Judah is going to be on the comeback trail too.

I see the 140 division split in 3 sections. 1. Alexander and Bradley are the kings, pretty untouchable by anyone but each other right now

2. You have guys like Urango, Maidana, Peterson. Big tests for anyone before they fight Alexander or Bradley

3. You have Khan, Ortiz, Judah, Maibuza. Up and coming names that in time will be dangerous for the top 2 tiers.

I don't think both Khan and Ortiz will live up to the hype. If I had to choose one, its Khan but he is going to keep fighting tailor made opponents till Bradley and Alexander lose some steam.
                  You obviously haven't seen the fight.

Comment

They won't divide and conquer the division. Ortiz doesn't impress me. Khan will be a threat. What I think you mean is that GBP wont put them against each other.

Obviously. You don't take 2 of your own prospects and let them fight. You completely backtrack ones career. It might be the right fight in the future (which it wont because Ortiz wont make it as far as Khan) but you never match 2 sheltered fighters like that while you can still make moneyoff them.

Comment

Working...
                    X