Tarver: "It's an honest mistake, a false positive!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarver: "It's an honest mistake, a false positive!"

http://www.*************.com/headlin...onest-mistake/

IBO cruiserweight champion Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver has taken to Twitter to maintain his innocence in the matter of a positive drug test.

Testing results from Tarver’s June 2 split decision draw with Lateef Kayode showed that the Magic Man tested positive for drostanolone, an anabolic steroid.

“Today’s news of a false positive caught me as well as my family and supporters by surprise, I apologize for the embarressment [sic] it caused,” tweets Tarver.

“I’ll appeal and submit to the California Commission everything that I’ve consume prior to June 2 that could of caused this honest mistake.”

The California State Athletic Commission has suspended Tarver and also fined him $2500. Tarver earned $1.1 million for his fight with Kayode, the result of which will be changed from a draw to a no-decision.

Tarver is scheduled to resume his analytic duties for the Showtime network during Saturday’s Victor Ortiz versus Josesito Lopez fight broadcast.

He also recently announced that he has been chosen to be the boxing analyst for the 2012 Olympics.

Fine $2500, says "cheating is worth it"

Comment

idc if he never boxes again, but him testing positive should not interfere with his announcing/commentating career. hes really too good, one of the better color commentators out there, i think hes much better than manny steward.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        Fine $2500, says "cheating is worth it"
        hes hardly the first. look at lance armstrong.

Comment

Lem just reported he won't work tonights card.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            idc if he never boxes again, but him testing positive should not interfere with his announcing/commentating career. hes really too good, one of the better color commentators out there, i think hes much better than manny steward.
            Him and Roy are my favorite commentators to listen to, quality commentators have become rare. I'm sick of the clowns we have right now.

Comment

Looking at his twitter timeline....the ironic thing was that he was just talking about Chavez missing drug tests and how it looked bad........

Comment

Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
                Looking at his twitter timeline....the ironic thing was that he was just talking about Chavez missing drug tests and how it looked bad........
                yea you speak down on Chavez and you get fucked

Comment

We dont believe you, you need more people.

That's how the game works nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    hes hardly the first. look at lance armstrong.
                    Lance passed 500 Olympic test, tarver failed a urine test.

What's next you gonna compare Mercedes Benz to Siberian tigers

Comment

Working...
                    X