No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Robert Helenius Training Hard For Liakhovich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Robert Helenius Training Hard For Liakhovich

Maxim Pediura (13-2-1, 11 KOs) is one of the sparring partners for rising heavyweight giant Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs), who trains hard in camp for his upcoming fight on August 27th in Germany, when he fights for the WBO intercontinental belt against former heavyweight champion Sergei Liakhovich (25-3, 16 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Sergei hasnt been relevant in years

Comment

Helenius looks strong and focused in those photos! I'm really looking forward to this heavyweight doubleheader.

This will be the third former HW titleholder for Helenius, in only his 16th pro fight. Lyakhovich has been inactive, but he looked good in his last fight:

Compare Robert's resume to Deontay Wilder, who turned pro at the same time. Wilder will be fighting a cruiserweight on Aug 27 who has been KOed over and over again:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8304&cat=boxer

Dominique Alexander was KOed in 4 of his past 5 fights, and 8 of his past 12 fights. Here is is:

Comment

I wonder if the Klits will still be around when this guy is ready to challenge them.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Helenius looks strong and focused in those photos! I'm really looking forward to this heavyweight doubleheader.

This will be the third former HW titleholder for Helenius, in only his 16th pro fight. Lyakhovich has been inactive, but he looked good in his last fight:

Compare Robert's resume to Deontay Wilder, who turned pro at the same time. Wilder will be fighting a cruiserweight on Aug 27 who has been KOed over and over again:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8304&cat=boxer

Dominique Alexander was KOed in 4 of his past 5 fights, and 8 of his past 12 fights. Here is is:

Good post.

Wilder is garbage.

Helenius is the real deal.

Comment

great double header

The first time I saw Helenius was against Lamon Brester (whom I've always liked). I thought to myself "he is epitome of the sorry state of HW boxing". Then I continued watching and was amazed at what I though was a powder puff taking it to (admittedly) an older and finished lamon Brewster. When I saw him being thrashed in the early rounds by Sam Peter, then I realized "OK he's not good enough for the Klitschkos". When I saw him knock Peter out, I began to believe. Even if he does beat Liakhovich, he's still won't beat a Klitschko. I would love to see Liakhovich win big - no matter how nice Helenius is.
            I take Povetkin to beat Chagaev within 10 rounds. Chagaev will retire in the corner between rounds because he won't be able take any more of the punishment povetkin will give him inside.

Comment

Helenius has got the heavy hands that can end a fight at any time. Brewster accused him of using loaded gloves.

Povetkin has been fighting total bums under Teddy and still not looking good against them. He's been "Atlased" and Chagaev will score the mild upset win.

Comment

helen is a beast. I thought he killed peter with that K.O

Comment

I can't believe he is only 27. Good fighter tho, if you were to judge him just by his physical appearance you wouldn't think he was anything good at all but he can punch pretty damn hard.

Comment

Bob Helenius is one of the more promising hw prospects to hit the scene recently. At 15-0 his resume already is packed with some good wins (and KO's) against former contenders Brewster, Peter, Bydenko, etc. He's heavy handed as mentioned and is decent boxer as well. I very much looking forward to his match with Liakhovich later this month....

Comment

Working...
                    X