How to increase my hand speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase my hand speed?

And I mean REALLY increase it

Spend months training with only 20oz gloves.

3 weeks away from fight, train with only 18oz gloves.

2 weeks away from fight, train with only 16oz gloves.

1 week away from fight, train with only your fight glove weight gloves (8oz or 10oz.)

Also dumb bell shadowboxing.

Comment

get like 4*1 lb weights that you can hold all at once in one hand.

go out to the woods for an hour walk every day constanly shadow boxing while holding diffrent amounts of weights. like jab with 1 lb in your hand for a few mins then shadow bow with 1 lb in each hand for a bit then shadow box with nothing then shadow box with 2 lbs in each hand then jab for a little with 2 pounds in your left then jab for a little with nothing then shadow box for a little with nothing then shadow box with 2 lbs in each hand for a little then shadow box with nothing for a little then shadow box with 1 lb in each hand for a little then throw 3 lbs in your left and jab for a little then jab with nothing for a little then shadow box with nothing for a little all for an hour.

do that plus 4-6 miles a day plus 5 rounds of shadow boxing and 5 rounds of bag work and your hand speed will improve.

and i realize that one should allways keep in propr stance but as im walking through the woods ill usually just keep walking while im shadow boxing throwing my punches with my weight as i step forward instead of screwing up the way i walk just so i can be in proper stance while im shadow boxing.

where as the shadow boxing and bag work done at home should allways be in proper stance.

plus while your walking there are a plethora of exercises you can do with 2 lbs in each hand to build up your shoulders like front and side raises.
      Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-23-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

OP, do yourself a favor and disregard the above.

Then read these 2 links. It's a lot to read, but worth it if you are serious about increasing your speed.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles...htraining.html (this first article begins with strength, but incorporates speed as it progresses, as the 2 go hand in hand)

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/vi...hp?f=7&t=57636 (this I found a really good read also)

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
          OP, do yourself a favor and disregard the above.

Then read these 2 links. It's a lot to read, but worth it if you are serious about increasing your speed.

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles...htraining.html (this first article begins with strength, but incorporates speed as it progresses, as the 2 go hand in hand)

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/vi...hp?f=7&t=57636 (this I found a really good read also)
          this guys a ****ing ******.(the poster)

lets look into the links hes posted:

Speed Strength - Speed strength is defined as the ability to quickly execute an unloaded movement or a movement against a relatively small external resistance.
          holy f**king **** you mean to say doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again with little resistance increases speed per you own f**king link?? like say shadow boxing with 1 or 2 pound weights?

your a f**king joke that needs to control your jelously of my intelligence and mind your own ****ing buisness.

For example, world-renowned sport scientist Yuri Verkhoshansky and colleagues established that:

"Excessive maximum strength training can impair speed-strength and technical skill in boxers."
          HOLY **** exxcessive maximum strength slows you the f**k down.

perhaps you should ignore any one that just blindly posts links while having no idea what the hell their talking about.

Heavy weights are best used to increase speed for lunges as the legs contain the largest muscles and have to move the greatest weight. The arms, however, don’t need to move a considerable amount of weight, so the muscles are smaller. But, increasing the size of them will result in more weight having to be moved so they will be slower.

So, when designing a weight training programme, you need to work out the fine balance between how much size you wish to possess and the resulting speed. Standard, correct weight training will increase your strength and power but you may have to sacrifice some speed.
          in no way will heavy weight training ever improve your speed.

as the two clearly go hand in hand.....if you want to be fast you stay the f**k away from heavy weights.

if you want to post links post links all day, if you want to tell some one i dont know what im talking about youd better know what your talking about first.

or would you like to post up a video showing off just why your so qualified to critique people?

almost all trainers these days are idiots as far as boxing is concerned. they hear fast twitch and think to them selfs WE NEED MORE FAST TWITCH!!!!!!!

is a boxer really a chicken? just a useless pile of fast twitch white meat? no a boxer is a duck or a humming bird 100% dark meat slow twitch fibers.

do marathon runners run an average of 10-12 miles an hour for 26 miles on fast twitch fibers? **** no. you cut open a marathon runners leg and you will find nothing but slow twitch dark meat fibers.

a boxer dosnt box for 3 mins 12 times in a row each time workng as hard as he can with fast twitch fibers he does it with slow twitch fibers trained to be just as fast as the fast twitch. manny paciano dosnt do 1000+ sit ups a day to work his fast twitch fibers he does it to train his slow twitch fibers to be as fast as his fast twitch.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-23-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

listen you incredible moron, you have no business on a boxing forum giving anyone advice. there is a lot to building speed that goes far beyond the ******edness of your running and punching with weights in the woods with your flannel shirt on.

there are enough words in those articles I could pick out certain ones and highlight to begin giving obscure thoughts on the premise of M-string theory if I truly wanted to...which would be about as relevant as you trying to make sense of yourself. But that would make me crazy, kinda like, well, you.

Anyway OP, or anyone else reading who wants to increase speed or learn anything regarding strength training for fighting, or boxing or anything really...do yourself a favor and just block the incredible flannel-shirted nutjob..

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
              =
              Anyway OP, or anyone else reading who wants to increase speed or learn anything regarding strength training for fighting, or boxing or anything really...do yourself a favor and just block the incredible flannel-shirted nutjob..
              and any one that wants to box as a part time hobby and has no plans to ever do anything with their boxing carrer should also block me.

where as if you want to make it some where in boxing, id highly reccomend that you read everything that you can possibly come across and make your own decisions.

and dont forget boxing is a sport that every one talks about but no one plays. I allready have a video up showing that i do box and at one point in time i had a basic understand of how to do it.

i doubt you will ever see a video from any one that has something to say about what i say. really who the f**k wants to take advice from a bunch of cowardice ******* that arnt even willing to put a 3 min video of them selfs punching a bag, on line.

FORUMS ARE WORTHLESS!!!!! especially this one. you got a question google it or ask at east side because the people here are worthless morons.

here you just got a bunch of dumb f**ks who think six packs and punching power are genetic. a bunch of dumb ****s who allways take the lazy/easy way out.

all this section will do is polute your mind. Stick to the other sections of the forum and save your training questions for google because youll get nothing but **** piled ontop of more **** while the only sane voice just keeps getting covered with more ****.

asking here is like teaching your self to box, your only going to create bad habbits.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-23-2010, 04:10 AM.

Comment

i think boxing is crude.but i like Lixiaolong!

Comment

Use Lube or lotion..

Comment

Originally posted by kissluo View Post
                    i think boxing is crude.but i like Lixiaolong!
                    yeah bruce lee was cool.

as for improving his hand speed:

he would punch 100 times then punch 100 times with 1 lb weights then 100 times with 2 pound weights then 100 times with 3 lb weights and 100 times with 4 lb weights then 100 times with 5 lb weights then 100 times with 4 lb weights then 100 times with 3 lb weights then 100 times with 2 lb weights then 100 times with 1 lb weights then 100 times with no weights, almost every day.

but he was just an actor and i of course am an incredible moron, that has no business on a boxing forum giving anyone advice.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-23-2010, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X