Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO has no regard for an Economic Recession!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO has no regard for an Economic Recession!

I mean ****, 49.99 for pay per view, then coming up in the next few months you have several pay per views and 2 will be back to back. In 2007 they were lenient with pay per view, but now it seems any notable fight makes them contemplate putting it on pay per view. With rising gas prices and out economic in recession, you would think Hbo would lower pay per view prices or put on much less, especially when people can no longer afford to drive to fights or even pay for tickets. I understand not everything can be free, Margarito-Cotto is pay per view worthy in my eyes and is something that should be on ppv. But not stuff like Casamayor-Marquez or Pavlik-Hopkins. Hell, Jones-Calzaghe should be free if Hopkins-Calzaghe was. Before beating a past prime Trinidad he fought 2 no bodies then lost 3 in a row before that. Hopkins was coming off wins against Winky Wright and Antonio Tarver, 2 elite fighters. If HBO has the guts to put Calzaghe-Hopkins on world championship boxing, Jones-Calzaghe should be on there as well.

Yea seriously, all these PPVs are getting out of hand. why have 2 back 2 back PPvs? why cant u just have one great PPV ? what the **** is so hard about making that happen

Comment

Stop bitching about money. Step your game up.

Make your own tortillas to save money or something.

Comment

I think its time to go back to pimpin them hoes. if you know what i mean

Comment

yeah its bad

i think jones will always fight on pay per view tho

Comment

try 59.99 to get it in hd........

Comment

HBO should at the most have like 4 PPV's per year. Only the real big fights that are for sure gonna produce quite a few buys. If they had more fights on regular HBO more people could possible tune in, which would create more boxing fans and when those PPV's happen the number of buys would be up. Who knows though, it's a money thing and that's all they care about. It's not about doing what's best for the fans.

Comment

Don't MMA fans have to pay for every show they see?
                I mean we got it better than them at least for a non-mainstream sport.

So get that second job, or work more at the first one, or get the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson Jones View Post
                  try 59.99 to get it in hd........
                  And it's the only way to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Don't MMA fans have to pay for every show they see?
                    I mean we got it better than them at least for a non-mainstream sport.

So get that second job, or work more at the first one, or get the first one.
                    Not tonight. Huge show for free.

Comment

Working...
                    X