No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrian Hernandez Seeks A More Memorable Road Trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adrian Hernandez Seeks A More Memorable Road Trip

By Jake Donovan - Adrian Hernandez prepares to enter the sixth fight of his second tour as junior flyweight champion – or as many bouts as his opponent, 20-year old Naoya Inoue has fought in his young pro career.

The reigning two-time titlist is 7-1 overall in championship bouts and generally regarded as the best 108 lb. fighter in the world at present moment heading into his next fight, which takes place April 6 in Tokyo, Japan.

So why the insistence this will be his last fight as reigning champion?

Perhaps it’s the belief that Inoue (5-0, 4KO) is just that good. There also exists the memories of Hernandez’ last road trip, a 10th round knockout loss to Kompayak Porpramook to end his first title reign. It’s possible that a combination of both has industry experts believing the 29-year old will once again return home empty handed. [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait. This fight should produce, I'm just glad it's on a Saturday night so I can actually watch it live. Inoue is a sharper and harder puncher than Porpramook, IMO he's gets the ko in 10.

Comment

I like Adrian Hernandez, but I'll be rooting for Naoya "Monster" Inoue, . I didn't know Hernandez was trained by Jeff Fenech. That makes the fight a little bit more intriguing since Fenech, who won a world title in his 7th fight, is training Hernandez to stop Inoue from winning a world title in his 6th fight.

Comment

Good piece, Kompayak-Hernandez 1 was a classic very underrated fight.

I think this is pretty even won't be easy for either but Inoue may very well show he's just that good.

Comment

This is how fighters are hurt/careers ruined by these type mimatches.

I read where WBC is paying Fenech an housing him in luxury 2 train mire boxers other than Hernandez.

Shame on WBC oushing this "title"fight...

Comment

Working...
          X